Where Can We Travel Now?
Where can we travel now?
This is an oft-heard question in our world right now.
With a high percentage of baby boomer travelers now vaccinated, they want to do two things: visit their grandchildren and travel.
While our clients and readers are handling their own travel arrangements to visit the grandchildren, our phones are ringing off the hook for help booking their leisure travel plans.
So where can we travel now? Let’s take a peek…
Destinations Open for Travel
- Hawaii – With the Hawaiian Islands now open to U.S. travelers, Hawaii is experiencing a travel boom. To learn more about visiting Hawaii, please CLICK HERE. Further, please read this article that I wrote yesterday about a fun Tauck guided tour of Hawaii: Best of Hawaii: Guided Tour.
- Mexico – Mexico’s beach destinations are bustling. In fact, I’m going to whisk Carol away to Cabo next month to celebrate a big birthday. If you’re curious, we will stay at the 5-star all-inclusive resort: Grand Velas Los Cabos. To learn more about visiting Mexico, please CLICK HERE.
- U.S River Cruises – the American Queen Steamboat Company and American Cruise Lines have both commenced sailing and are offering cruises on America’s great rivers as well as cruises plying the American coastline. Give us a call, and we’ll help you choose the perfect itinerary, stateroom, and ship.
- Croatia – Croatia has opened its borders to U.S. travelers. To learn more about a fun travel experience to Croatia, please CLICK HERE and HERE.
- Iceland – To learn more about travel to Iceland, please CLICK HERE.
- Greece – To learn more about travel to Greece, please CLICK HERE, HERE, and HERE.
- Tauck U.S. Guided Tours – This week, Tauck announced the opening of all of its guided land journeys in the U.S. To explore a fun Tauck tour, please check out these links: Alaska, Eastern United States, Midwestern United States, Southern United States, and the Western United States. Plus, for our clients and readers that are new to Tauck, we have a complimentary pre- or post-night hotel stay when you book with Roaming Boomers Travel.
While this isn’t meant to be an exhaustive list, it does highlight some of the more popular destinations. Further, there is talk afoot to create a travel corridor between the U.S. and the U.K. If this happens, expect a mad dash by cruise lines and tour companies to roll out the red carpet for visits to the U.K.
Ron and Joanne W are clients of ours who are currently sailing with American Cruise Lines.
They are currently sailing in The Intracoastal Waterway from Amelia Island in Jacksonville, Florida, to Charleston, South Carolina.
While their cruise ends tomorrow, I thought it might be fun to get a few thoughts from Ron and Joanne from their ship:
“Absolutely great to be traveling again. We have enjoyed a wonderful week on our ship in the SE USA. Our fellow passengers were equally as excited to be back out there. But we have chatted at length with the crew and the entertainers, and they are giddy about being back to work. Everyone is happy and safe. We already have 2 future cruises booked.”
Thanks for sharing, Ron and Joanne.
I must admit, I’m a little jealous.
Amelia Island, Savannah, Georgia, and Charleston, South Carolina, have been on our bucket list for way too long.
You have inspired us to remedy that little problem real soon.
Did you know that when you book travel with Roaming Boomers Travel Services that the price is exactly the same as do-it-yourself?
When you book travel with us, “We do the work. You have the fun!”
And because we are members of the Virtuoso Travel Network, we’ve got you covered all over the world. If you can dream it, we can help you do it.
So why not take advantage of our expertise and travel connections? Give us a call today.
For more information, or to book your next great adventure, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here) and we’ll reach out to you.
- Map of coronavirus travel restrictions
- Caribbean islands open for travel: Entry rules and protocols
- When will cruise ships sail? The latest cruise line restart dates
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40