Viking’s New Health & Safety Protocols
Viking’s new health & safety protocols have just been updated as of December 8, 2020.
These new protocols will be implemented across all of their ocean and river cruise ships.
To watch Viking Chairman Torstein Hagen’s video on the subject, CLICK HERE.
Here’s this from Viking:
“For more than 23 years, we have always had the highest standards for health and cleanliness, and our new protocol enhancements make Viking even safer. Developed in coordination with an international team of scientific and medical advisors, the Viking Health & Safety Program is one of the most well-researched and comprehensive COVID-19 prevention and mitigation plans in the travel industry.
- Daily PCR testing for all Viking guests and crew, processed in full-scale Viking-dedicated laboratories.
- New air purification technology installed on all Viking ships, which have always featured independent air handling units for all guest staterooms.
- Additional health checks, sanitization, and physical distancing to protect Viking guests and crew at all points of the journey.”
What to Expect on Your Viking Journey
In a nutshell, here are the safety measures you can expect on every Viking journey:
- AT HOME
- Planning – reserve your new booking with confidence with Viking’s Risk-Free Guarantee
- Health Questionnaire – take a brief survey before leaving your home to verify your wellness before travel
- IN TRANSIT
- Viking Air – Viking is working closely with its airline partners to ensure strict health and safety protocols for the safest possible journey
- Seamless Transfers – When booking your air with Viking, you will enjoy complimentary airport transfers on sanitized motor coaches with physical spacing
- Staggard check-in time
- Health Check
- PCR Test
Once aboard Viking’s small ships, guests are kept safe with purified air in every stateroom (no shared air between staterooms), daily PCR testing with onboard PCR labs, and a state-of-art medical center.
Further, the ship’s surfaces are cleaned constantly throughout the day, and new UV-C sanitization robots will treat surfaces in public areas.
Even further, all shore excursions are limited in size, and only Viking shore excursions will be offered while in port.
To ensure your confidence in a future Viking ocean or river cruise, please CLICK HERE to view Tor’s video and the rest of the important new protocols.
How to Book a Viking Ocean or River Cruise
Once you’ve decided to book a fun Viking ocean or river cruise, you should know that the price is the same booking directly with Viking or booking with Roaming Boomers Travel Services.
However, we’ve grown to become the #2 booking agents for Viking in the world, and we have complimentary VIP perks to add to your booking.
Further, as we have personally sailed on Viking’s ships, we can bring expert knowledge and advice to the booking process. This will bring an additional layer of protection to your enjoyment as you might find that you don’t know what you don’t know.
For more information or to book a fun Viking cruise, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here), and we’ll reach out to you.
- Best Way to Book an Ocean or River Cruise
- How to Choose the Perfect Stateroom on a Viking Ocean Cruise
- How to Choose the Perfect Stateroom on a Viking River Cruise
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40