New Ship: American Countess
New Ship: American Countess
In March of 2021, our friends at the American Queen Steamboat Company christened their newest ship, the American Countess.
Interestingly, the ship was built using the existing hull of the Kanesville Queen, a former gaming vessel built in 1995. The American Countess was cut in two as part of her planned lengthening, with the addition of a 60-foot mid-body section.
Before we get started, you should know that the American Queen Steamboat Company is on the list of our favorite river cruise lines. Also, please read the review from our personal experience sailing with the American Queen Steamboat Compay.
Okay, on with the show…
The American Countess has a capacity of 245 guests, She offers many of the same exciting heartland and deep South itineraries as her sisters the American Queen and American Duchess.
Guests will have the opportunity to sample the delicious secrets of Kentucky’s legendary bourbon distilleries, dance to rhythms that were born on the rivers, relive the charm of quaint river towns and enjoy the lively pulse of New Orleans jazz.
What’s most unique about the American Countess is the emphasis on a contemporary design that offers plenty of open space for gathering. Forward-facing windows and the portside bar with an 80-foot view welcome guests to take in the scenery of century-old live oak trees, indigenous wildlife, Civil War historic sites, and vast plantations while sailing along America’s rivers.
With four styles of modern staterooms, higher overheads, and open-air views with a walking track, this paddlewheeler will become a home away from home on six- to 15-day itineraries, including her own epic Mighty Mississippi cruise.
The American Countess’ four decks, including a Sun Deck and 123 comfortable, inviting staterooms, make cruising on this gorgeous paddlewheeler an unforgettable experience. Staterooms feature a sleek and modern design that provides the perfect place to relax after a full day of shore excursions or an evening of world-class performances in The Theater on board.
American Countess Staterooms
Guests can relax in a comfortable atmosphere with modern amenities. Premium linens and plush bedding ensure that you are well-rested to fully enjoy all-included shore excursions, historical lectures, and nightly entertainment. Each elegant accommodation features a flat-screen TV, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, and a safe.
With 123 staterooms ranging from 170 square feet up to 255 square feet, the American Countess offers modern luxury for its guests. Staterooms include:
- Deluxe Outside Staterooms with Private Veranda – This suite offers the perfect respite from a busy day on the river. Rooms are 255 square feet with a 40 square foot private veranda and are offered in queen or two single bed options. There are 32 staterooms in this accommodation.
- Outside Staterooms with Open Veranda – Start mornings on the river by opening sliding doors to enjoy fresh air in these 220 square foot rooms that are offered in queen or two single bed options. There are 43 staterooms in this accommodation.
- Inside Staterooms – Interior staterooms offer a tranquil retreat in 170 square feet of space with a queen bed or two single bed options. There are 41 staterooms in this accommodation.
- Single Outside Stateroom with Open Veranda – This intimate accommodation provides solace and solitude with its deck access and convenient location. With 180 square feet of space and an open veranda, this stateroom fits a single bed. There is one stateroom in this accommodation.
The American Countess features three elevators providing access to decks one to three. There are six wheel-chair accessible staterooms that feature a roll-in shower.
The American Countess offers masterful cuisine from Executive Chef Connor Murphy. With regionally inspired meals and locally sourced ingredients – from Mississippi crawfish and grits to a perfectly grilled filet mignon – meal options are endless. Guests can enjoy a meal or cocktail in the following spaces:
- Grand Dining Room – Formal dining for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Outfitted with custom Italian fabrics and rich walnut accents, the floor-to-ceiling windows offer panoramic views of the shoreline morning, noon, and night. At 4,700 square feet, the Grand Dining Room can accommodate 165 guests.
- Grand Bar & Lobby – A portside bar with an 80-foot view that serves cocktails and small bites. This space can accommodate 65 guests seated and 150 total guests.
- River Grill – Casual atmosphere where guests can dine at their own pace for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This venue is a more intimate experience with seating for half the capacity of the Grand Dining Room. This space also includes an outdoor terrace that features covered, resort-style seating for both lounging and relaxed dining.
- 24-hour room service – Included in fare for comfort and convenience.
With a house band and an onboard theatre group, world-class entertainment is offered for guests each day and evening. Delve into the dramatic history and musical influences of the regions in which the American Countess travels for an experience that blends education and entertainment in ways that will create memories for years to come.
Whether it is a special interest voyage steeped in the sounds of Memphis’ legendary blues music scene, the invigorating jazz of New Orleans, a rousing medley of silver-screen hit songs, a culinary demonstration, or an enlightening lecture conveyed by the boat’s esteemed Riverlorians – guests are treated to world-class riverboat entertainment in The Theatre.
The main attractions on any American Queen Steamboat Company’s cruises are the award-winning shore excursions. Both included excursions and premium experiences are thoughtfully designed to optimize the guest experience by providing plenty of activity and endless enjoyment. Narrated tours and select admissions highlight each cruise with stops in some of the most cherished ports and culturally significant attractions of the heartland and the South. The dedicated fleet of deluxe motorcoaches, with talented drivers and shore excursion staff, are waiting to assist guests at the dock in each port of call – offering a hassle-free way to see some of the most historically and culturally significant attractions in America.
The American Queen Steamboat Company is a part of our Virtuoso Voyages program. This means that when you book an American Queen sailing through Roaming Boomers Travel Services, you will receive exclusive complimentary amenities that you wouldn’t get by booking directly with the company.
Additionally, you will also enjoy our expert hands-on service and care for your booking. And, the price is the same booking with us or booking with the company.
For more information or to book an American Queen Steamboat Company river cruise, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here), and we’ll reach out to you.
Additional Reading: Our Review Sailing With American Queen
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40