L’Andana: a Luxury Tuscan Resort, Villa, Spa, and Winery
And while Italy has an overabundance of beautiful and historical places to visit, just to mention the word Tuscany conjures images of rolling hills laced with vineyards and olive groves, quaint villages, and romance in the minds of baby boomers worldwide.
During our recent one-week road trip through the beautiful Tuscan countryside, we had the great privilege of spending a few nights at L’andana, a beautiful luxury resort in the south of Tuscany partly owned by Michelin-star chef Alain Ducasse.
L’Andana was once the sprawling 500-hectare estate and Medici villa where Grand Duke Leopold II and his court resided during the summer season.
But today, L’Andana is an award-winning, boutique luxury hotel and spa resort offering guests 33 rooms and suites with “scents of the Tuscan countryside blended with the brackish fragrances of the Tyrrhenian, in a sensory experience that caresses the guests’ sensations and emotions.”
In addition to the beautiful rooms and suites in the Villa and Fattoria, L’Andana features Trattoria Toscana (the only Alain Ducasse restaurant in Italy), the stunningly beautiful ESPA Spa, a practice golf course, and an on-site Wine-celler offering wines and olive oils from the surrounding estate through a partnership with Italy’s Terra Moretti Group.
Note: if you can’t see the video, click here.
Impressions of our stay at L’Andana in Tuscany
- Driving down the long cypress-lined driveway leaves a magical and romantic first impression.
- We enjoyed a beautifully appointed Junior Suite with a loft seating area, stunning views of the surrounding countryside, and a spacious bathroom equipped with all of the appointments luxury travelers have come to expect.
As we were traveling towards the end of L’Andana’s travel season, Alain Ducasse’s Trattoria Toscana was closed for the winter months. Nonetheless, we enjoyed fabulous cuisine at La Villa Restaurant. I’ll never forget my rabbit pasta dish. YUM!
- Walking the paths through the estate’s gardens, with the surrounding vineyards and olive groves as a backdrop, was absolutely breathtaking.
- Evening appetizers and local wines in front of the Villa’s blazing lobby fireplace was a relaxing treat before our evening meal.
- We spent hours enjoying the steam rooms, the massive jetted-tub, and beautiful pool found inside the ESPA Spa.
- The staff was very attentive and bent over backwards to make our stay memorable in every way.
We’ll long treasure our stay in this regal Tuscan villa turned luxury boutique resort and recommend it to you with our highest praise.
L’Andana has it all, a romantic Tuscan setting, a historic Medici villa, 500 hectares of grapes and olives, a world-class Michelin-star restaurant, an on-site winery, a fabulous spa, and the cool breezes of the nearby Mediterranean Sea.
We want to go back. Soon!
Disclosure: our wonderful experience was provided in part by the fine folks at L’Andana. Thanks!