Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch
Hyatt Regency Scottsdale – For 22 years, the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch has earned the coveted AAA Four-Diamond award. That’s more than any other Phoenix valley property.
Our first impressions meter was scaling very high as we drove up the beautiful tree-lined drive.
However, when we first cast our eyes upon the 2.7 acre water playground, reminiscent of ancient Roman baths, with its 10 separate pools with 28 fountains and 47 waterfalls, a three-story water-slide inside a clock tower, a pool complete with a sand bottom and sand beach; a water temple with four cold plunge pools, and a 16-foot wide jacuzzi-style spa; lit glass-brick pillars; two poolside bars; an overhead water aqueduct upon which guests can stroll; and the “Big Gun,” a thundering waterfall with 600 gallons of rushing water per minute, our first impression meter went into overload!
Our Fondest Memories
- Our stunning suite looking out over the resort property. If you can swing the extra money, go for the Winfield Scott Signature Suite. Wowza! What luxury! If a luxury suite doesn’t fit into your budget, their standard resort king rooms are certainly sweet as well.
- Afternoon Arizona Birds of Prey exhibition with a live eagle!
- Exploring peoples of the Sonoran desert with live, local Native American dancers/singers/drummers.
- The blind taste-test comparing Arizona wines to French wines. Who knew? The Arizona wines won — hands down!
- Our “Wine Me Dine Me” dinner was amazing!
- Our evening romantic gondola ride serenaded by classically trained opera singers. Who knew you could time-warp to Venice right here in Scottsdale. This experience is not to be missed!
- Strolling the beautifully lit landscape at night.
- The huge bonfire overlooking the lake.
- The live jazz in the lobby bar before retiring to our suite.
- Breakfast in the Regency Club with a private indoor-outdoor terrace, gazebo and lush gardens. A very nice upgrade to consider!
- Carol enjoyed great relaxation while getting a massage at Spa Avania.
- The freshly cleaned windshield on my vehicle. Small touches make big impacts!
The Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch is a flagship resort for the Hyatt Corporation. We greatly enjoyed our experience, and highly recommend it to our readers and subscribers.