10th Annual Wild West Days in Cave Creek, Arizona
The four-day features a western golf tournament on October 31 at Tatum Ranch Golf Club followed by three days of non-stop family entertainment, mutton bustin’, a period costume competition, musical, period vendors, a non-motorized western parade and various horse-related activities and other festivities have made Wild West Days a renowned annual western experience.
This year’s Wild West Days features the third annual Gun Down by Sundown. Led by the town’s entertainment company, Six Gun Entertainment, LLC, the two-day event will feature gunfighter groups from throughout the West that will perform in a gunfight competition all day long, on November 2 and 3. Six Gun Entertainment’s Six Gun Justice also will give an award-winning performance on the evening of November 2.
Other exciting Wild West Days activities include:
• Cowpokes ‘n Little Folks: a western play land for kids and families featuring pony rides, performances by Detour Company, the Prescott Regulators & their shady ladies, Guns of the Round Table, Adaptive Force Performing Art, the Buffalo Soldiers and the Arizona Duuude
• Bathtub races (Saturday): Homemade bathtubs race down the street for the grand prize
• Pig races (Saturday): Pigs race as fast as they can to show their personal best to festival visitors
• Thieves Market (Saturday): The popular Thieves Market showcases western goods, attire and more
• Arizona Cowboy Mounted Shooters Association – See the multi-talented mounted shooters race on championship horses while shooting at targets
• Wild West bull fest – live bull riding competitions at the Buffalo Chip
• Headlining country music at many locations throughout the town all weekend
Visitors also will experience wildlife exhibits, western art, arena events, mechanical bull riding and more. During Saturday’s activities, one side of Cave Creek Road will be closed to vehicular traffic. Only wagons, horses and foot traffic will be permitted.
Wild West Days, now in its 10th year, is an annual experience hosted by the Cave Creek Merchants & Events Association, a non-profit business-to-business entity that serves the businesses and organizations of Cave Creek. A portion of the proceeds from the event will benefit charitable horse and other related organizations in community to help to preserve the community’s western heritage. A comprehensive list of scheduled events and activities will be updated at: www.wildwestdayscavecreek.com.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our monthly newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.