It’s World Cruise Mania
It’s World Cruise Mania
Believe it or not, it’s world cruise mania in the travel world right now.
Pre-Covid, a cruise line would put forth a world cruise once each year. These cruises would generally cover vast parts of the world and would generally last 4-6 months.
And pre-Covid, if a cruise line was having difficulty selling out its world cruise, they would offer 30-40 day segments of the world cruise to fill the ship.
Remarkably, that is not the case in this day and age.
These days, cruise line after cruise line are touting that their world cruises have been selling out in a day.
Just a week ago, Regent Seven Seas Cruises was shouting from the rooftops because their 2024 132-night world cruise sold out in three hours!
Now, let’s take that in for a moment.
The fares started at $146,998 for a Deluxe Veranda Suite and up to $399,998 for a Master Suite. And there was so much demand for this cruise that it sold out in three hours.
What’s next? A lottery system that allows you the opportunity to book a world cruise? Or, imagine this, a world cruise auction where you have to bid on the price of a world cruise suite.
Why Are World Cruises So Popular?
- Post-Covid, there is a clear trend where people are booking longer cruises. It would seem that people were very weary from being cooped up in their homes for over a year.
- The stock market has been very kind to investors in the past number of years. Therefore, many retirees find themselves flush with cash that they didn’t expect.
- There are 80,000,000 baby boomers, with over 10,000 of them retiring every day. These folks want to do two things: travel and see their grandchildren.
- The cruise industry has been building ships like crazy to meet the demand. In the future, expect to see exotic river cruises, more world, and grand cruises; and expedition cruises are certain to be the next big thing.
Want to Book a World Cruise?
With the current demand for world cruises, availability has become a real issue.
At the moment, here is what is available:
- Viking World Cruise – this was just released and will certainly sell out quickly.
- Silversea World Cruise – this is scheduled for release on August 4th.
World cruises are packed with luxurious VIP perks and offer guests the very best of what the cruise world has to offer.
If you have questions, please feel free to call or pop me an email.
For more information or to book a once-in-a-lifetime world cruise, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here), and we’ll reach out to you.
Further Reading: Best Way to Book an Ocean or River Cruise
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40