When Can We Travel Again?
“When can we travel again.”
As more and more of our clients get their vaccinations, this has become our most often asked question.
We just finished rescheduling our 542nd client vacation. How crazy is that?
And while this is discouraging to all, there is optimism in the air.
Might overseas travel begin again in June? July?
While we don’t have the answer, I have optimism about a June restart for European travel.
And my optimism grows from the fact that European ocean cruise lines, for example, plan to commence operations in March.
If that all goes well, then my optimism grows even stronger.
But today, just like the swirling last bit of water to drain from your bathtub, we are going to have to swirl through a lot of unknowns before we get there.
Grab your lifejacket, and let explore the immediate challenges before us:
- Perhaps most important of all, it would seem that new COVID-19 cases are falling dramatically. Furthermore, with millions receiving vaccinations each day, it would seem that we might be on the path to kicking this virus’s butt. Fingers crossed on that.
- A negative COVID-19 test has become a commonplace requirement in the world of travel. I don’t expect that to change anytime soon.
- However, we recommend that you put in your brain the possibility that a COVID vaccination will also be required to travel in the future. We are beginning to see more and more travel brands line up to that way of thinking. It may well become no vaccination, no travel.
- Further still, I won’t be surprised to see countries require that you have at least a medical-coverage travel insurance policy before they let you in the border. With socialized medicine popular in Europe, Europeans have been footing the bill for uninsured travelers who encounter medical issues while traveling. With the added layer of possible COVID infections here and there, I don’t expect that they will continue paying medical expenses for international travelers.
- Make certain that your passport has at least six months of validity before you travel. If your passport comes due this year, get it renewed immediately. The U.S. State Department is digging through a massive backlog.
We will likely have a few more months of rough seas before we can all travel again.
If you are looking for travel experts to help you through the last remaining months of this pandemic mess, we would be honored to help.
Just give us a call or shoot us an email.
To learn more about our expert travel services, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here) and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40