We’re #1 with Viking Cruises
We’re #1 with Viking Cruises
We’re #1 with Viking Cruises for the 4th year in a row in the 26,000 member Virtuoso Travel Network.
And, last we knew, we’re also the #2 booking agents for Viking in the world.
Our relationship with Viking Cruises began nearly a decade ago. We were luxury travel bloggers and Viking flew Carol and me to Europe twice to sample and write about their river cruises.
It was love at first sight.
River cruising was still fairly new to the travel world. Once we experienced a floating luxury hotel that could sail us through the historic cities of Europe, we were hooked.
Furthermore, once we experienced their ocean cruises, we were even more impressed.
And now that Viking Cruises has introduced Mississippi River Cruises and Expedition Cruises, we’re looking forward to sampling those as well.
In 2014, Carol and I started Roaming Boomers Travel Services and within a year we became the #1 booking agents in Virtuoso and the #2 Viking booking agents in the world.
What Is So Special about Viking Cruises
When we began selling Viking’s river cruises, our clients would come home wildly happy with the experience.
In fact, most of them immediately rebooked another Viking river cruise.
Our clients enjoyed unpacking once, a mostly all-inclusive experience, no nickel-and-diming aboard the ship, complimentary shore excursion in every port, complimentary wine and beer at lunch and dinner, and much more.
Further, when Viking introduced their ocean cruises, the overall experience was even a notch above their widely popular river cruises.
In fact, Viking Ocean Cruises just earned #1 Ocean Cruise Line from the readers of Travel + Leisure for the 5th year in a row. A very impressive feat for a brand new ocean cruise line.
Viking Cruises knows that there are 80,000,000 baby boomers in the United States. They also know that 10,000 baby boomers are retiring every day in America. With no kids allowed on their ships, Viking built a cruise brand entirely devoted to the baby boomer traveler.
And in our opinion, they’ve done it in spades.
Viking Cruises Product Offerings
- River Cruises – more ships than anyone in the world. A fabulous inclusive 4-star experience. Viking doesn’t try to be 5-star, but they do 4-star like no one else in the world.
- Ocean Cruises – we call Viking’s ocean cruises 4.5-star. Again, they shy away from the word luxury, but it’s certainly a luxury experience. And while you won’t find butlers on their ships, you will enjoy the inclusive experience they bring with complimentary shore excursions, free wine and beer at lunch and dinner. Furthermore, you won’t find them hounding you to buy art and jewelry aboard ship. It’s all about the destination.
- Viking Mississippi – Viking is new to river cruising in the United States and they chose to begin on the Mississippi. While they won’t have any ships sailing the Mississippi until the fall of 2022, remarkably, all of 2022 is already sold out.
- Viking Expeditions – Viking has also just released a line of remarkable expedition ships that will begin sailing in 2022. Carol and I were invited to their launch event in January this year. And in customary Viking style, we expect that they will become a major player in this space as well.
When booking a cruise with Viking, or any cruise line for that matter, the price is the same booking directly with the cruise line or booking your fun cruise with Roaming Boomers Travel Services.
Our clients book with us because they know we offer expert knowledge and top-notch service. We do the work, so you don’t have to.
Furthermore, it is common for us to have additional perks to add to Viking’s best offers through our affiliations with Cadence and our Virtuoso Voyages program.
For that reason, it’s always a good idea to call and pick our brains. With that being the case, here are a few articles that you might enjoy:
- How to Choose the Perfect Stateroom on a Viking Ocean Cruise
- How to Choose the Right Stateroom on a Viking Ocean Cruise
- The Best Way to Book an Ocean or River Cruise
For more information or to book a fun Viking cruise, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here) and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40
Virtuoso® is the leading international travel agency network specializing in luxury and experiential travel. This by-invitation-only organization comprises over 1,000 travel agency partners with 20,000 elite travel advisors in 50 countries throughout North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Drawing upon its preferred relationships with over 1,800 of the world’s best hotels and resorts, cruise lines, airlines, tour companies and premier destinations, the network provides its upscale clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences and privileged access. More than (U.S.) $26.4 billion in annual travel sales makes Virtuoso a powerhouse in the luxury travel industry.