Video Review: The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands – When we were contemplating where to travel for our 25th wedding anniversary tour of the Caribbean, the US Virgin Islands were at the top of our list. The US Virgin Islands, and specifically St. John, and St. Thomas, were on the list because of the special place they hold in our hearts from earlier romantic journeys.
As we began to study lodging options for St. Thomas, it became abundantly clear that the resort to visit was the Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas on the eastern side of the island.
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas has graced the Travel & Leisure Top 500 List, features 180 guest rooms and suites (each with a private balcony or terrace), and sits aloft with easy resort access to the splendid beaches of Great Bay and Coconut Cove.
On-site Roaming Boomer Photo Journals:
- The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, Iguanas, and a Stunning Caribbean Sunrise
- Curried Goat, New Bling, and an Unforgettable Evening at the Ritz-Carlton St. Thomas
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas also features The Ritz-Carlton Spa, has its own 53 foot catamaran (The Lady Lynsey) for popular snorkel and sailing excursions, tennis courts, every imaginable water sport at their private beaches, is within 15 minutes of The Mahogany Run Golf Course (the islands only 18-hole professional golf course), as well as four exceptional dining establishments.
We spent four wonderful nights at the Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, and the things that really stick out in our minds are:
- The beautiful setting with the lights of St. John twinkling in the night across the channel.
- We spent 2 1/2 days luxuriating at the large infinity pool. The pool waitstaff were available to adjust your umbrella, bring you some rum punch, or simply pamper you.
- Walking on the beach at night, enjoying the ocean breeze in the glow of a full moon.
- Our evening dinning at Bluewater, the Ritz-Carlton’s fine dining restaurant. This was easily one of the top ten meals of our lives, and Head Chef David Benjamin (Chef Benji) was frequently stopping by our table to enjoy the worthy praise that continually flowed from our lips as we sampled his 8-course chef’s menu. Chef Benji is also the team captain for the Virgin Island Culinary Team and is leading other Caribbean chefs to hopeful gold in the upcoming Taste of the Caribbean Competition.
- Our couple’s massage in an ocean-side cabana.
- We look back with fond memories of the staff, and their dedication to our relaxation and enjoyment of this beautiful resort.
Let me be clear, if you are planning a stay on the island of St. Thomas, and are looking for a resort completely dedicated to pampering you in luxury, fine foods, and dramatic Caribbean vistas, then the Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas must be your only consideration.
Disclosure: a portion of this wonderful experience was provided by the fine folks at Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas. Thank you!