Vaccine Passports for Travel
Vaccine Passports are currently a hot topic in the world of travel.
We are beginning to see countries like Iceland and others open up their borders to those who have proof of a Covid-19 vaccination.
Further, I would not be surprised to find that airlines, cruise lines, more countries, sporting events, and maybe even your favorite local restaurant require proof of a Covid-19 vaccination for entry.
And if this all comes true, some digital verification is a likely outcome.
However, this rapid race for a digital solution does not come without its challenges:
- Should we be concerned about the privacy of our health records?
- What if someone, for medical reasons, can’t take the Covid-19 vaccination? Will they have a difficult time traveling?
- What if someone refuses to take the Covid-19 vaccination? Could they be prevented from traveling?
- The world is awash right now with companies trying to elbow their way into becoming THE vaccine passport accepted worldwide. If you sign up for a vaccine passport now, might you have to do it again with another “accepted” app?
- When traveling, if you don’t have a vaccine passport, will you be required to stand in a slower line to have someone physically look at your CDC-issued Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card?
- Wouldn’t these CDC-issued Covid-19 Vaccination Record Cards be easy to forge?
- If our Federal Government gets involved, which they likely will, is it going to take 15-years for our divided government to reach a consensus on the issue?
I don’t know how this is going to shake out. However, vaccine passports are a topic that international travelers will want to pay close attention to in the coming months.
We will do our best to keep you abreast as this conversation begins to play out. Stay tuned.
What are your thoughts on the issue? If you’re so inclined, feel free to share in the comments section below.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40