Travel Update: Fall 2022
Here is our travel update for the fall of 2022.
Boy, a lot has happened in the world of travel in the last year.
A year ago, travel showed signs of life as the pandemic began to wane.
Today, travel in North America and Europe is full steam ahead.
And with Australia and New Zealand open and great swaths of Asia following suit, it won’t be long before the whole world is again available to baby boomer luxury travelers.
Travel Tips for a Changing World
- While improving, the world’s airlines and airports are still a mess. If you are traveling overseas, bring a healthy dose of patience, and be sure to have emergency airline phone numbers with you if something breaks. We also highly recommend that you have your airline’s smartphone apps on your phone before leaving home.
- While Covid-19 still exists worldwide, we find that the virus isn’t generally interrupting our client’s travel plans. We still recommend that you test yourselves before leaving home to be sure you don’t unknowingly have the virus. And if negative, go have fun! For the most part, cruise lines still require vaccinations and boosters, but we’re seeing Covid requirements lessening worldwide.
- Be sure to check the expiration date on your passports. To travel internationally, you must have at least six months of validity on your passport.
- For international travel, it’s a good idea to consider coming in a day early. That way, if something breaks, you won’t miss the beginning of your journey.
- With 5G networks being built worldwide, you might consider comparing your current cellular company’s offerings. We just switched to T-Mobile and couldn’t be happier.
- The world of travel is very busy right now. Many 2023 itineraries are sold out, and we see increased bookings for 2024. Don’t get shut out. Book early!
We hope that you found value in our updated travel tips. And remember, if you would enjoy our expert help with your next travel booking, we’re only a phone call away.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40