The La Valencia Hotel in La Jolla, California
The seventh and last stop on our Southern California coastal resort tour had us luxuriating for two nights at the renowned La Valencia Hotel in the chic town of La Jolla.
Locally known as “The Pink Lady”, this historic hotel opened its doors in 1926, and has been a favorite of the Hollywood crowd and luxury travelers from all over the world ever since.
The La Valencia Hotel has a mediterranean feel, and offers her guests 112 rooms, two restaurants, a beautiful pool with the Pacific Ocean as a backdrop; with boutique shopping, and museums out the front door, and the famous La Jolla Cove, with it’s barking sea lions, out the back.
This was our second visit to the La Valencia Hotel, and as we have long been fans of America’s historic grand hotels, we were very happy to be back.
If you enjoy a touch of the historic, and love the romantic feeling of the Mediterranean, then you’re going to love the La Valencia Hotel.
Look below to find complimentary Virtuoso® VIP amenities we’ve arranged just for our readers!
Our Favorite Memories of the La Valencia Hotel
- We loved the historic, and Mediterranean vibe we felt the moment we walked in the front door. While certainly a modern hotel in every way, newer hotels simply lack the inexplicable mystic offered guests by one of these grande dame hotels built in the Roaring Twenties.
- When we stay at the La Valencia, we enjoy staying in one of the ocean-view villas towards the back of the property. The amenities will suit the most discriminate luxury traveler. We really like the residential feel siting on the patio looking out towards the ocean, and the bathroom has the most luxurious dual shower heads we’ve yet to experience. I know, it’s crazy to think back about a shower, but it was really that good. Really!
- This was our second experience dining in the hotel’s signature restaurant. Both occasions were memorable with the romantic lighting around the hotel, along with the wonderful cuisine. See our video above for pictures of our meal.
- Location. Location. Location. The La Valencia Hotel offers great boutique shopping right out the front door, and is perched on a bluff overlooking the renowned La Jolla Cove. Adjacent to the La Jolla Cove is the Ellen Browning Scripps Park that is certain to be filled with folks enjoying a walk along the ocean with hundreds of sea lions and pelicans to keep one entertained for hours. Amateur photographers are also certain to love the seemingly limitless captures available. I came home with hundreds of photographs from our visit.
- While we were visiting in the latter part of November, and thus a bit cool, in warmer months we would have enjoyed a relaxing afternoon around the beautiful pool. I guess that means we need to get back for a third visit sometime. 🙂
Complimentary Virtuoso® VIP Amenities
As travel advisors with the Virtuoso Travel Network, we’re pleased to have some very special VIP amenities exclusively for our readers. When you book your stay at the La Valencia Hotel through us, you will receive:
- Best available unrestricted rates.
- A complimentary room upgrade on arrival, subject to availability.
- Daily full breakfast for up to two in-room guests.
- Premium bottle of wine.
- La V Signature Amuse-Bouche & custom logo gift item.
- Early check-in/check-out (subject to availability).
When you book your room through us, our complimentary VIP amenities can easily add up to hundreds of dollars in value depending on the length of your stay.
Note: to obtain these exclusive, complimentary VIP amenities, you must book your room through us!
We highly recommend that you visit the La Valencia Hotel, and when you do, please enjoy these fine amenities brought to you by the Roaming Boomer Travel Services.
Note: these complimentary amenities are for 2014 and may be subject to change in future years.