Terranea: Los Angeles’ Luxury Oceanfront Resort
The fourth stop on our 15-day road tour to discover Southern California’s best luxury beach hotels and resorts found us at the Terranea Resort.
Poised above beautiful coastal bluffs with sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, Terranea opened in 2009 as the only luxury resort destination on the Los Angeles Coast.
Celebrated for its natural beauty, the 102-acre estate features 582 guest-rooms and suites, including spacious bungalows, casitas and villas. Luxurious amenities spotlight eight unique dining experiences, a full-service spa and fitness center, award-winning golf course, three swimming pools, kids’ club, and ecological enrichment programs.
Third Night Free! Plus, look below to find $100s of complimentary Virtuoso® VIP amenities we’ve arranged just for our readers!
Terranea’s 360-room hotel offers 326 guest rooms and 34 suites that range from 450 square feet to the 1,800-square-foot Presidential Suite. For added space and privacy, guests can choose from 20 two-bedroom bungalows, 50 three-bedroom ocean view casitas and 32 villas that range from 1,850 square feet to 2,800 square feet. Each offers spacious kitchens and living areas
Our Favorite Memories of the Terranea Resort
- We found ourselves immediately awestruck when we first gazed upon the beautiful setting of the Terranea Resort. From our high vantage point in the resort’s lobby, our eyes drank in coastal bluffs, panoramic views of the Pacific, with a stirring silhouette of Catalina Island across the channel.
- While the Terranea Resort has accommodations to meet nearly every conceivable desire, we opted to enjoy of of the oceanfront bungalows. Located near the ocean’s edge, and only steps away from the spa, Terranea’s Bungalow Suites are geared towards rejuvenation, and relaxation. Our bungalow suite measured 1,100 square feet, and offered us a spacious master bedroom, a separate living room, a full-sized kitchen, washer/dryer, a guest bath, and indoor and outdoor fireplaces. Absolutely spectacular!
… the surrounding nature so dominated the senses that we found ourselves nearly forced to unwind, take a deep-breathe, and let creation’s beauty soothe our very souls.
Sadly, our two-night stay didn’t allow us time to sample all of the eight on-property restaurants, but we did enjoy a special night in the casual cliffside Nelson’s restaurant. Named after Mike Nelson, the popular scuba diver on the television show Sea Hunt, the restaurant features memorabilia from the television show, and resides near the spot where many episodes were filmed. Nelson’s has a casual fare, and we enjoyed watching the sunset as we noshed on Mahi Mahi Tacos, and Fish & Chips.
- Located adjacent to the resort is an ecological reserve with a hiking trail that hugs the coastline. We really enjoyed exploring this trail, the barking seals below, the ocean breezes, and the opportunity for a little alone-time with the beautiful coast.
- You know, we’re big fans of a beautiful sunset. But, we just can’t begin to explain the sunset that God was pleased to share with us all the night of our stay. It was so staggeringly beautiful, that folks in the resort hurried to the bluffs and stood in quiet awe for over 30-minutes. Click our photograph above to enjoy a larger view.
As I sit here and contemplate our Terranea experience, and while we certainly enjoyed all of the world-class amenities, there was a serenity found in this setting that didn’t exist in our other resort visits. Because of the resort’s somewhat remote location, the surrounding nature so dominated the senses that we found ourselves nearly forced to unwind, take a deep-breathe, and let creation’s beauty soothe our very souls.
Complimentary Virtuoso® VIP Amenities
As travel advisors with the Virtuoso Travel Network, we’re pleased to have some very special VIP amenities exclusively for our readers. When you book your stay at the Terranea Resort through us, you will receive:
- Best available unrestricted rates.
- A complimentary room upgrade on arrival, subject to availability.
- Daily full breakfast for up to two in-room guests. Served in Catalina Kitchen or In-Room dining ($60 value)
- $100 USD Resort or Hotel credit to be used during your stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/check-out (subject to availability).
- 3rd night free! Available through March 1, 2015. Starting rates at $285/night plus resort fee and taxes, Main lobby building and bungalows only. Not valid for casita suites or villas
When you book your room through us, our complimentary VIP amenities can easily add up to hundreds of dollars in value depending on the length of your stay.
We highly recommend that you visit the Terranea Resort, and when you do, please enjoy these fine amenities brought to you by the Roaming Boomers Travel Services.
Note: these complimentary amenities are for 2015 and may be subject to change in future years.
To book your room at the Terranea Resort, and to receive these complimentary amenities, call us at (480) 550-1235, or let us know of your request by using our handy online information form: CLICK HERE