Silversea Cruises: Top 14 Things to Know
Looking for Information About Silversea Cruises? Here Are the Top 14 Things to Know.
We held a Silversea Cruises informational evening for over 100 people in Scottsdale, Arizona a few nights ago.
Our presentation was divided into two distinct categories: classic luxury ocean cruising and expedition cruising.
Carol and I sailed Alaska with Silversea Cruises a while back on the Silver Shadow which gloriously held only 388 passengers.
This was our first small-ship sailing experience. And, after experiencing the small-ship difference, we were hooked. No more big-ship cruises for these roaming boomers.
If you’re not familiar with Silversea Cruises, take a peek at some of the information we learned last night:
What We Learned About Silversea Cruises
- Silversea Cruises celebrated 25 years in 2019
- They offer five intimate luxury cruise ships with two more coming in 2020 and 2021.
- Furthermore, Silversea also offers guests expedition experiences on four expedition ships with a fifth ship coming to the Galapagos in 2020.
- Guests can visit 900 destinations across all seven continents. This is more than any other cruise line.
- As a small-ship luxury cruise line, Silversea’s ships have a guest capacity from 100 to a maximum of 608.
- All staterooms are oceanview with 85% of them offering verandas.
- Butlers are included for all guests with the highest crew-to-guest ratio in the industry
- All-inclusive fares include gourmet dining, wines, champagnes, spirits, beers, in-suite dining, a stocked refrigerator, 24-hour room service, and gratuities.
- All guests enjoy free unlimited internet access.
- Single supplements begin as low as 110% for guests seeking to travel on their own. Every voyage includes a champagne welcome reception to make it easier for solo travelers to meet and mingle. And, on select voyages, gentleman hosts are also available as dance partners or dinner companions.
- Dining on Silversea is a gourmet experience. Guests can choose from a selection of specialty restaurants (no fewer than four) and receive complimentary beverages, including premium liquor ensuite and throughout the ship.
- Open-seating is available at all dining venues with no assigned times or tables.
- Guests may choose casual or formal dining depending on personal preferences with seven-day itineraries having only one formal night. And, if you prefer to avoid a formal evening, you can simply choose to dine in one of the alternative restaurants during the formal evening. There are no formal evenings on the expedition voyages.
- Silversea currently offers 474 voyages with 119 of them featuring our complimentary Virtuoso Voyages VIP experiences.
Can you imagine a world where the only meat we had to experience was chicken?
Now, don’t get me wrong, I like chicken. However, isn’t the world a little nicer place to live when we also have lobster, filet mignon, lamb, fish, and many other flavors of meat?
So too is the cruise industry.
There are a number of flavors to experience in the world of luxury cruising. We recommend that you experience the flavor of Silversea Cruises.
You will like it. We did! 🙂
How to Book a Silversea Cruise
Did you know that the price is exactly the same when you book with Roaming Boomers Travel Services?
Yep. We bring you all of Silversea’s consumer offers. Plus, you will enjoy our expert service and complimentary VIP Virtuoso Voyages Perks when you book your next Silversea cruise with us.
Exclusive $500 Savings on all 2020 and 2021 Cruises
Further still, if you book a future voyage between now and February 26, 2020, you can take advantage of our exclusive Silversea Cruise special of $500 savings per suite or $250 savings for solo travelers (this offer is valid on 2020 or 2021 voyages).
For more information or to book a fabulous Silversea voyage, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235. Or, use our convenient online information request (click here) and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40