Roaming Boomers Video: The Royal Palms Resort and Spa – Phoenix, Arizona
The Royal Palms Resort and Spa ~ Phoenix, Arizona – As we continue our journey to stay in all of Arizona’s highest rated resorts, we think we have found something very special for you at The Royal Palms Resort and Spa in Phoenix.
The Royal Palms Resort and Spa was first opened in 1948, but its original history started out in 1929 as a mansion built by Delos Willard Cooke, a New York industrialist and financier who came to the desert to aid his wife’s poor health.
Because of the Royal Palms Resort and Spa’s historical significance, and its early appeal to Hollywood-types like Groucho Marks and even President Bush, this iconic resort has also found its way to a listing in the Historic Hotels of America.
On-site Roaming Boomer Photo Journals
As you can see from our following video, the Royal Palms Resort and Spa is a stunningly beautiful place with perhaps the valley’s most mature gardens:
From our visit, here are the things that were left foremost in our minds:
- The look and feel of a Mediterranean estate.
- Unbelievably lush gardens for being in the middle of the Sonoran desert.
- Our spa suite was really cool. Two flat screen TVs, a steam shower, Bose Stereo system, free WiFi, and all the little extras that you would expect from a world-class resort.
- Carol really enjoyed her Alvadora Spa facial. She said, “I look five years younger”.
- T. Cook’s restaurant is phenomenal. I am very happy that we can go enjoy Chef Hillson’s cuisine when ever we like.
- Amazing chilled White Sangria at lunch.
- Our poolside cabana was nice, and the service was impeccable.
- There must be 50 little nooks around the resort where four people could sit and visit, have a cigar, enjoy a glass of wine, enjoy a fireplace, enjoy a fountain, or simply read a book. I really like this about the Royal Palms.
- Everyone was very friendly, helpful, and bent over backwards to create a wonderful experience for us.
I would encourage you to poke around in our articles and video. I am quite confident that you will begin to see why The Royal Palms Resort and Spa has enjoyed such great success for over the last 60 years, and is greatly worthy of your consideration.