Review: Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection
Note: click photos for larger view
Carol and I are just home from a fabulous river cruise with our friends at Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection sailing from Avignon to Lyon in France.
I shot this photograph with my iPhone as the S.S. Catherine docked in Lyon and the picture to the right is Carol studying up on our itinerary just as we stepped into our stateroom.
I will be writing several articles highlighting our experience over the coming weeks, but for now, let me give you 639 words describing our first impressions:
- First impressions when you step aboard are mind-boggling and near sensory overload. The Uniworld ships are not only floating 5-star luxury hotels, but they are also floating works of art. The colors, decor, sheer beauty, and careful attention to detail are immediately noticeable. From the moment you step aboard, you know that you are going to have a remarkable luxury experience.
- The staff was professional, attentive, and simply the best. If you are a luxury traveler, then you know what it is like to enter a luxury resort where the whole staff is highly trained to meet your every need and to create an “experience” for you. Attentive is one thing, but creating an experience is another thing altogether. Uniworld gets that in spades. Bravo!
- The food and beverage offerings on the ship were outstanding as well. The staff was trained to quickly know our names, and each and every one of them bent over backward to assure a fabulous dining experience. Again, attentive is one thing, creating an experience is another. Bravo Uniworld. No cold eggs for breakfast on your ship and the local cuisine offerings available each night were beyond delish.
- We enjoyed a French Balcony Stateroom. The room was very well designed, gave us both ample space to move about the room, we didn’t have to be a size-zero ballerina to take a shower. The heated floors in the bathroom were a nice touch, and the mattress was the best I’ve experienced on a river cruise ship.
- As we walked around the ship, the sheer volume of original artworks hanging on the walls was more museum than a cruise ship. They don’t have to do that. Right? But again, it adds to the experience.
- Uniworld is an all-inclusive river cruise line. Unless you’re buying special bottles of wine, getting a massage, or perhaps taking a demonstration cooking class in a renowned French culinary school as we did, you will be hard pressed to spend a dime on a Uniworld river cruise. Even the gratuities are included.
Carol and I are asked all the time, “what is the best river cruise line?”. Well, there really isn’t a quick one-shot answer to that question. As we see it, we have divided our recommended river cruise lines into 4-star, 4.5-star, and 5-star river cruise lines.
Uniworld is our trusted and go-to 5-star river cruise line.
As I said at the top of this article, I will be sharing more about our experience sailing with Uniworld. For now, please know that Uniworld is highly recommended.
PLUS, when you book with Roaming Boomers Travel Services, we have a nice $200/person shipboard credit to share with you on top of Uniworld’s best offer.
For more information, or to book a luxurious Uniworld river cruise, call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here) and we will reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40