Our Stay at the Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort and Spa
Kaua’i is Hawaii’s fourth largest island and is sometimes called the “Garden Isle,” which is an entirely accurate description. The oldest and northernmost island in the Hawaiian chain is draped in emerald valleys, sharp mountain spires and jagged cliffs, aged by time and the elements. Centuries of growth have formed tropical rainforests, forking rivers and cascading waterfalls.
The Grand Hyatt Kaua‘i Resort & Spa is a luxurious 602-room resort, recognized by the most respected travel publications as one of the top resorts in the world. Located on 50 immaculately-landscaped oceanfront acres, the resort is elegant, yet casual, capturing the classic and timeless essence of the islands. With open-air walkways opening to courtyards and lush gardens, the design blends with nature. Its architecture is reminiscent of Hawaii in the 1920s and ‘30s, creating a romantic “sense of place”. The resort is built into a hillside overlooking beautiful Keoneloa Bay. Blending into the verdant mantle of green mountains, the resort gently slopes down to meandering lagoons, a white sand beach, and the sea. The four-story low- rise design which conforms to the island’s quaint building code: (“no buildings can be higher than the tallest coconut tree”) is open to spectacular ocean views and soft island breezes.
Just take a peek at some of the awards they have garnered:
- TRAVEL + LEISURE, TOP 500 WORLD’S BEST HOTELS 2011: Readers rated Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa as the best on Kauai. (Also ranked from 1997 – 2010)
- CONDE NAST, GOLD LIST 2011: Chosen by readers as one of the best in the world for excellence in accommodations, service and amenities. (Also ranked from 1998 through 2010)
- AAA, FOUR DIAMOND AWARD 2011: Twentieth year the resort has received the award, recognizing high levels of hospitality, attentiveness to detail, upscale design in lodging, restaurants, and amenities. Dondero’s honored as well for its accomplished staff, menu creativity and complexity, presentation and fresh ingredients.
One of the best places in the world to chill out!
Our Fondest Memories
- Walking the beautiful 500 yard white-sand beach
- Chillin’ on the beautiful beach
- Watching whales swim by from our ocean-front patio
- The Anara Spa, and especially the Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Massage!
- Exploring the stunning, immaculately-landscaped 50 acre grounds
- Hanging out at the freshwater swimming area which featured a quiet pool, a meandering river pool, waterfalls, a 150-foot water slide, and Jacuzzis. Nice!
- The saltwater lagoon with its beautifully landscaped islands
- Listening to nightly entertainment, sipping island drinks as the sun was setting
- Having seven different restaurants spread around the resort to choose from
- Sushi in Stevenson’s Library
- A smile from everyone on the property
- Proximity of the Poipu Beach resort area for shopping, the farmers’ market, and exploration
We can’t say enough about our visit to the Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort and Spa. From the moment we were wowed with the open ocean-view lobby, to the moment when we sadly looked in our rear-view mirror as we left, we were touched with enchantment.