Our Review: Viking Ocean Cruises
Our Review: Viking Ocean Cruises
Our review of Viking Ocean Cruises comes after perhaps four years since we last sailed on one of their ocean ships.
And remarkably, in that period, we have grown to become the #2 booking agents for Viking Cruises in the world.
Further, Carol and I are the #1 booking agents for Viking Cruises, out of 20,000+ other agents in the Virtuoso Travel Network for the last four years running.
How has this happened?
Well, we work hard and smart. But at the end of the day, Viking has carved out a massive niche with their small-ship (930 passengers) sailing vessels that folks have come to trust and adore.
Impressions sailing with Viking for the second time
- We brought friends along with us on our latest cruise, and the first thing we immediately noticed was the friendliness and professionalism of the staff and crew. Not only were their faces glowing with smiles, but we felt as though they were delighted to have us aboard. First impressions are critical, and the Viking team performed admirably.
- Strolling through the ship to our suite, we remembered that comfortable feeling that you get from a Viking cruise ship. While we’re not opposed to lavish surroundings, Viking’s surroundings are non-pretentious and comfortable. Hence, their motto, “explore the world in comfort.”
- Viking’s Health & Safety Protocols are simply above and beyond what most cruise lines are currently doing. We felt safe sailing with Viking during this pandemic. In fact, I wrote a whole article on this subject alone: CLICK HERE.
- The cuisine on Viking Ocean Cruises is excellent. Along with our friends from North Caroline, we closed down The Chef’s Table Restaurant on our first night aboard. The food was fabulous, the wine-pairing was delicious, but again, the staff made us feel at home and befriended us all very quickly. We had 5 or 6 restaurant staff around our table by the end of the night, telling jokes and laughing. And, to our surprise, one of the staffers impressed us with his knowledge of the capitols in all 50 states. The food in The Restaurant (the main dining venue) was outstanding. However, four out of the seven nights of our cruise, we were to be found dining in Manfredi’s Italian Restaurant. The Osso Bucco is fabulous. The variety of pasta dishes kept us coming back. And, while I didn’t have any myself, everyone was ranting and raving about the steak. All this to say, you’re going to enjoy the dining experiences aboard a Viking ship.
- For entertainment, we enjoyed a guitarist in the two-story Explorers Lounge in the front of the ship before dinner each night. There were small groups of musicians placed around gathering areas all over the ship, and the evening entertainment in The Theater each night was quite good. We all played name that tune one afternoon at sea. We lost. Carol and her friend watched a movie one afternoon in the cinema. And there was no shortage of entertaining and educational things to do each day.
I could go on, but this was a wonderful reminder of how much we love Viking. And it also served as a reminder why our clients keep booking Viking with us over and over.
Viking avoids using the word luxury as they describe themselves. But for me, Viking is akin to Goldilocks. Luxurious, but not too extravagant. And comfortable in every way. We tell our clients to think of Viking as a 4 1/2-star cruise line to help them place the Viking brand in their brains.
In closing, it was great to again be aboard one of their ocean cruises. Next, we’re looking forward to sampling Viking’s new river ships on the Mississippi and one of their new expedition ships on the Great Lakes.
How to Book a Viking Ocean, River, or Expedition Cruise
The first thing to know is that booking a Viking cruise with Roaming Boomers Travel Services is the same price as booking directly with Viking.
However, when you book with us, as we are the #2 booking agents for Viking in the world, you will enjoy our expert advice and service.
In a short conversation with us, I promise that you will quickly understand the benefits of booking your fun Viking cruise with Roaming Boomers Travel Services.
For more information or to book a Viking cruise, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here), and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40