Our Favorite Alaska Cruise Lines
The list of our favorite Alaska cruise lines comes from our personal experience.
Further, we’ve gleaned a significant amount of destination intelligence from the hundreds of travelers we’ve sent to Alaska over the years.
Carol and I have experienced four Alaska cruises in the last decade, and we would gleefully go back again.
- Getting to Alaska is easy: The lion’s share of the Alaskan cruises will pass through Vancouver, so you’ll need a passport. Nonetheless, getting to Alaska is a relatively easy thing to do.
- Humpback Whales: In the winter months, humpback whales hang out in warmer climates like Hawaii and the Baja California Coast to birth their calves. However, these whales make the long journey to Alaska to spend the summer feeding in the rich waters come April and May.
- Grizzly Bears: If you want to experience a grizzly bear in the wild, Alaska is one of the best places in the world to accomplish that task. And if you get there earlier in the season, you will get the opportunity to watch the baby bears frolic.
- Halibut & Salmon: Alaska serves up fresh wild-caught halibut and salmon if you enjoy fresh fish. Be sure to take in one of the very popular salmon bakes while you’re in Alaska.
- America’s Final Frontier: If you enjoy natural landscapes, then you’re going to love Alaska. It is stunningly beautiful.
- Easy Sailing: The waters in Alaska’s Inside Passage are generally as smooth as a river cruise. No need to worry about seasickness when sailing in the Inside Passage.
The Alaska cruise season is generally from late May through early September. If you read this article, you will learn that our favorite time to visit Alaska is late May.
Covid-19 was very hard on the small towns dotted along the shores of Alaska’s Inside Passage. But with the coronavirus waning around the world, Alaska is ready to welcome you with open arms. We highly recommend this destination if you have yet to sail Alaska’s Inside Passage.
Our Favorite Alaska Cruise Lines List
Traditional Cruise Lines
Expedition Cruise Lines
All of these cruise lines are part of our Virtuoso Voyages program.
This means that when you book any of these cruise lines through Roaming Boomers Travel Services, you will receive exclusive complimentary amenities on select sailings that you wouldn’t get by booking directly with the company.
Additionally, you will also enjoy our hands-on expert service and care for your booking. And, the price is exactly the same booking with us or booking with the company.
For more information, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here), and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40
Virtuoso® is the leading global network of agencies specializing in luxury and experiential travel, with over 20,000 advisors. We partner with over 1,800 of the world’s best companies such as hotels, cruise lines, tour operators, and more. Our advisors use their personal connections and firsthand expertise to craft bespoke trips for clients, including unique experiences, special values, complimentary perks, VIP treatment, and rare access.