NEW: Viking World Cruise: 2020 – 2021
Viking Announces Newest World Cruise
New 161-Day Voyage Visits Six Continents and 75 Ports, Including Viking’s First-Ever Call on Hawaii
World cruises have been around for decades. However, with 80,000,000 baby boomer travelers at or near retirement, world cruises are more popular than ever.
And, if a 161-day cruise just doesn’t seem to fit your lifestyle, there now exists “grand cruises” which are generally 45-90 days in duration.
Let’s take a peek at 2020-2021 Viking World Cruise:
Los Angeles (January 8, 2018) – Viking® today announced its new 2020-2021 Viking World Cruise, which will span 161 days, six continents and 75 ports, with overnight stays in 13 cities. Setting sail on December 14, 2020, from Miami, the itinerary will include six new ports of call for Viking, including Honolulu and Nawiliwili, marking the company’s inaugural visit to the Hawaiian Islands.
Sailing on Viking’s award-winning 930-guest all-veranda Viking Sun® , this grand voyage will allow guests to explore islands of the Caribbean and the South Pacific; call upon ports in Asia, from Hong Kong to Bangkok; explore countries of the Middle East, including Oman, Jordan, Egypt and Israel; and sail through the Mediterranean before concluding in London. Guests can also choose a shorter, 140-day segment of the sailing, 2021 Viking World Discoveries, which departs from Los Angeles on January 4, 2021, and visits 27 countries and 66 ports.
“With the announcement of our newest World Cruise, we remain firm in our commitment to offer travelers the most immersive and culturally enriching itineraries available,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “We are a destination-focused travel company, and it has always been our priority to help our guests connect to the destination. It is evident in everything we do – it is why we offer an included excursion in every port; why we have the most extensive Resident Historian program in the industry; and why our ships are smaller to bring travelers to more intimate ports.”
2020-2021 Viking World Cruise Highlights:
Viking’s newest World Cruise itinerary visits dozens of the world’s preeminent cities in one seamless itinerary. Overnight stays in 13 cities allow World Cruise guests to delve deeper into the destination, and Viking’s Culture Curriculum® offers additional enrichment through onboard lectures and entertainment such as Viking’s Resident Historian® program, which provides guests with a high-level historical and cultural education specific to their journey. Guests will immerse themselves in the world’s rich cultures during included excursions that provide unmatched insight into daily life, as well as Privileged Access® visits to cultural institutions. Highlights of the new 2020-2021 Viking World Cruise itinerary include:
- Oahu (Honolulu), Hawaii (NEW): The Heart of Hawaii: Guests can enjoy everything from historic landmarks to world-class shopping on the island of Oahu. Soak up the sun along Waikiki Beach’s pristine beaches or visit Pearl Harbor to see where the tragic events of December 7, 1941, unfolded.
- Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii (NEW): The Garden Island: Nicknamed Hawaii’s “Garden Island,” guests will explore the lush vegetation and wildflowers of tropical Kauai while in port. Visit the Na Aina Kai Botanical Gardens & Sculpture Park, an infusion of beautiful flora and art and home to one of the largest collections of bronze sculptures in the U.S., or follow the footsteps of Captain James Cook, the British explorer credited with the first recorded European contact with the Hawaiian Islands.
- Moorea (Opunohu Bay), French Polynesia (NEW): Paradise in the Tropics: This tropical island is famed for its unprecedented beauty and its cuisine is as colorful as its landscape, drawing on influences from both European and Chinese settlers. Guests can take in this idyllic paradise from the water onboard a catamaran or immerse themselves in Polynesian traditions and customs by engaging with locals.
- Hue (Chan May), Vietnam (NEW): Palaces and Temples: Discover the ancient Imperial City of Hue, a rich repository of palaces and temples and seat of the Nguyen Dynasty for 150 years. Guests can experience the locals’ morning trading activities during a visit to a traditional food market or explore the crumbling stone walls of the citadel, which holds stories of long-fought battles.
- Sydney, Australia: Iconic Harbor: Guests will sail into Sydney’s magnificent harbor, the world’s largest, and enjoy an overnight stay allowing ample time to explore this culture-rich city. Guests can enjoy an insider’s view of Australia’s world-class opera house or experience the natural wonders of the nearby Blue Mountains.
- Mumbai, India: A City of Old and New: Formerly Bombay, the bustling city of Mumbai is the financial, commercial and entertainment capital of India. While in port, guests can learn about the iconic activist Gandhi or enjoy the Hanging Gardens, one of the prized few parks found in the city.
- Istanbul, Turkey: Where East Meets West: An overnight stay in Istanbul gives guests more time to experience this historic city that straddles two continents across the Bosporus Strait. Explore a wealth of religious sites such as the spectacular Blue Mosque or the legendary Hagia Sophia, or sample delicious fusion cuisine, combining fresh Mediterranean fare with spices from the Far East and Asia.
- London (Greenwich), England: The Royal Borough: Guests will end their sailing in the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, London on the Thames River, allowing easy access to the regal capital’s iconic sights, including the Tower of London, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
Sounds fun. Right? 🙂
For more information or to book this amazing world cruise, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here) and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40