Luxury Travel With No Planning
A very common complaint we get from the thousands of fans on our Roaming Boomers Facebook Page is the amount of time it takes the typical baby boomer to plan a luxury vacation.
Not only does it require hours and hours of work, but, having never been to your planned exotic location, you have no idea where to stay, where to eat, or what to do. Right?
Let me ask you a question. Which of these two options would you prefer:
- You spend hours and hours planning your vacation and hope you got it all right.
- You spend roughly the same amount of money, but an experienced travel concierge, who knows your destination well, does all the planning, and has great ideas of where to stay, where to eat, and what to do?
Mrs. Roaming Boomers can tell you from her vast experience that it takes her literally weeks to study, plan, and orchestrate each of our trips. She spends untold hours shopping for the right airline, the right hotel/resort, the right restaurants, the right destination experiences, and building out our daily travel itinerary.
It’s a lot of work!
Last year, Delta Vacations invited us to travel to the Dominican Republic to experience the travel concierge experience offered through their luxury division (link to our trip). I can’t begin to tell you how much time we saved. Furthermore, we experienced luxury perks that we simply would not have obtained on our own.
This year, Delta Vacations has invited us back. Only this time, we’re flying across the pond to London, England. Yabba Dabba Doooo!
Let me share with you our experience thus far:
- Right off the bat, Nita, a Delta Vacations luxury concierge called to get us started.
- Once she identified our desired travel dates, she presented us with a list of culled luxury hotels. With a quick peek through our own resources, we found that these hotels were the absolute best of the best.
- Once we identified our desired hotel, she then presented us with a list of tours to the area’s most famous and historic sites, as well as a long list of world-class London theater.
From our past experience, we knew that Delta Vacations did everything first class, so our job was merely saying, “we pick this, this, and this”. Delta Vacations made the airline reservations, booked the hotels, booked the tours, and even booked a night out at one of London’s famous theaters.
Let me tell you, Mrs. Roaming Boomers was very happy. This is far, far easier than doing it yourself. We just wish Delta Vacations would invite us to travel with them every month. How sweet would that be?
Here’s what’s included when you book with luxury vacation with Delta Vacations:
- Personal attention of a Delta Vacations luxury concierge
- First-class seating aboard Delta Airlines. YES! Lay flat seats!
- First-class checking at the airport. No long lines!
- Upon arrival, a personal destination representative will take you to your hotel in a private car.
- Accommodations at the most luxurious hotels.
- Assistance of hotel concierge to book local dinning.
- Hotel taxes and serviced charges are covered.
- 24-hour assistance from a Delta Representative. Need help in a foreign country, just pick up the phone and dial.
- 3,000 – 7,500 bonus miles through the SkyMiles® program, in addition to credited flight miles.
- Plus, each luxury destination has additional unique inclusions.
Planning a luxury trip in the United States can be a daunting experience. However, planning a luxury vacation over seas brings another whole series of complications. Delta Vacations has made it very simple, and they have done all the work. Sweet!
So, let’s say you’ve decided to visit London for the 2012 Summer Olympics, or perhaps the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. If you’re not spending any more money to have Delta Vacations do all the work, doesn’t it make sense to do so?
We think so!
Now, we’ve only talked about Delta Vacations because that has been our only experience with airline luxury travel. And, as you know, we only talk about what we’ve experienced.
If another airline comes-a-knockin’, we’ll let you know about it and compare the experiences.
In the meantime, stay tuned for our coming articles as we experience another Delta Vacation from London, England!
If you enjoyed this article, please follow us at our website, our Facebook page, and on Twitter. [tfg_social_share] Original article link: https://www.theroamingboomers.com/luxury-travel-with-no-planning/
Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun. Thank you……