Our Visit to the Award-Winning Lodge at Sedona in Sedona, Arizona
The Lodge at Sedona ~ Sedona, Arizona – It’s been only in the last few years that I would ever consider staying in a bed & breakfast. In my mind, I just didn’t want to sit in someone’s living room, watching television with them at night, and having breakfast with them in the morning.
I know. I know. That isn’t really the deal with a bed & breakfast, but you know what I mean.
I want my privacy.
A few years back, on a trip to the Olympic National Forest area, there weren’t many lodging choices available. Therefore, we decided to risk one night in a bed & breakfast.
Well, let me just say that my perceptions were horribly wrong. We had all the privacy in the world, and in the morning we had the pleasure of sharing breakfast with travelers from all over the world.
It was a marvelous experience, and now the bed & breakfast experience is a sought out staple in our travel planning.
Just like any other travel lodging, you must be careful and discriminating, but what wonderful experiences we have enjoyed.
One such marvelous bed & breakfast experience was our recent stay at the award-winning Lodge at Sedona.
The Lodge at Sedona was originally the home and office to one of Sedona’s first doctors, his wife, and their twelve children. In later years, the home was sold and became a church/parsonage and in 1993 this beautiful property became one of Sedona’s finest Bed & Breakfast Inns and welcomed their very first guests.
In 2001, experienced Bed & Breakfast owners, Ron and Shelley Wachal, purchased the Lodge at Sedona and have transformed it into the beautiful property it is today.
“We hope the revitalized personality of The Lodge evokes a unique luxury accommodation experience. Through its powerful Mission Style and Arts & Crafts motif decor, luxury in-suite amenities, gourmet food and beverages and memorable service by friendly and knowledgeable staff, we do our very best to ensure that your stay with us will be an “unforgettable experience.” ~ Owners – Ron & Shelley Wachal
Our Favorite Memories and Impressions
- We really enjoyed the Mission Style/Arts & Crafts motif decor. Tasteful and comfortable.
- Our Mission Grande luxury King guest suite featured a private entrance & parking, a massive Arizona Red Rock stone & slate fireplace w/ a stereo flat screen TV, a mission-style King bed, two leather Morris chairs (very comfy), a large and luxurious slate-floored private bathroom w/ twin sinks, a jetted tub & shower, and two secluded decks with Red Rock and mesa views. Spectacular!
- The staff was very friendly and worked hard to assure our stay was memorable.
- The cuisine at the lodge was divine! Delicious desserts each afternoon, scrumptious sunset Hors D’oeuvres each day, and a gourmet breakfast that was out of this world.
- Wonderful conversations with guests from all over the world at breakfast each morning.
We greatly enjoyed our four nights at The Lodge at Sedona and are very confident in recommending this marvelous, award-winning lodge to you, your family, and friends.
Pingback: The Perfect Pairings Gourmet Getaway in Sedona, Arizona | Roaming Boomers
Pingback: Exclusive Arizona Travel and Dining Deals for The Roaming Boomers Facebook Fans | Roaming Boomers
Grat stories about fantastic places in Sedona,AZ…Baby Boomers are the Best!
Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful &
it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something
back and aid others like you aided me.