Itinerary: Flagstaff’s 24th Annual Winterfest
We live in North Scottsdale with an altitude of roughly 2,100 ft, and enjoy winter weather that is typically sunny, and produces highs of 70º each day. Flagstaff, on the other hand, sits at roughly 7,000 ft, and is currently blanketed with snow from a week of massive snow storms.
As Michigan natives we are very familiar with snow, but we have never experienced snow in Arizona. When we noticed that Flagstaff was having its 24th Annual Winterfest, we thought this might be a fun little excursion to try out our travel planning systems.
Here is our planned itinerary:
- make the 5,000 foot drive up to Flagstaff.
- have lunch at La Bellavia.
- photo op (depending on the weather) around the Snowbowl Ski Resort.
- a visit to the Museum of Northern Arizona.
- check into the highly praised Inn at 410 Bed & Breakfast.
- enjoy dinner at Flagstaff’s highly rated Cottage Place restaurant.
- after dinner, take a stroll through Flagstaff’s First Friday Artwalk.
- sleep in warm bed by a comfy fire.
While I have been busily working on this post, Carol has been running around the house looking for winter coats, boots, hats, gloves, etc.
We are looking forward to this little repose, and greatly look forward to bringing back a wealth of exciting stories and memories.
Note: Creative Commons photograph from Al_HikesAZ on Flickr.