Honeymooners: 4 Caribbean Islands Zika Virus Free
Finding Caribbean honeymoon destinations without a Zika Virus presence is becoming quite difficult. It is causing a lot of consternation with young couples that want to get away to a tropical destination and stay within their budget.
Certainly Hawaii is an alternative, and we’re sending quite a number of honeymooners down to the South Pacific to visit Bora Bora and Moorea. But for some, the extra flight costs and travel time make these destinations impractical.
So, for those who prefer the Caribbean, are there any options left available?
As of this writing, yes.
4 Caribbean Islands Currently Zika Virus Free
- Turks & Caicos – with the world’s #1 best beach, this is a wonderful option. You should know that a visit here is all about the beach. There isn’t a whole lot of adventure to be had other than water oriented options.
- British Virgin Islands – here you find beautiful beaches, adventure options available, and island hoping is a very popular daytime excursion.
- St. Kitts/Nevis – beautiful beaches, fabulous resorts, and for the adventurous types, ATV tours, zip-lining, catamaran cruises, and more.
- Cayman Islands – the Cayman Islands are best known for their diving and snorkeling. With fabulous beaches, there are also adventures available like hiking, caving, horseback riding, and more.
- Bermuda – while not the Caribbean, Bermuda might be another option. It features pink sand beaches, and it’s also a golfers paradise. However, pay particular attention to the time of year you visit. The winter months will be far colder than the Caribbean and the ocean will be too cold for swimming.
While not the Caribbean, we think Miami and Key West should also come on the radar of honeymooners. I know, it’s not the Caribbean. But, these areas are wonderful for honeymooners and provide a great many things to do.
To keep a watchful eye on the latest Zika Virus information, click here. Also, baby boomer travelers need not be so concerned with the Zika Virus. You can learn more about that here.
To help explore your options, use our hotel + air vacation package finder by clicking here.
If you’d like our expert help to plan your honeymoon, call our travel agency at (480) 550-1235, or use our convenient online information request (click here) and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.