Five Must-Have Travel Experiences for 2016
We were recently polled by Virtuoso®, the international network of luxury travel agencies to which we belong, and we’ve been sharing the results with you over the past few weeks.
Acknowledged as an industry trend forecaster, the resulting 2016 Virtuoso Luxe Report anticipates emerging luxury travel developments and destinations while presenting insight into the decisions of the globe’s most upscale travelers.
Top Five Must-Have Travel Experiences for 2016
2016 Virtuoso Luxe Report
- Discover untouched, unique places. Exploring new destinations is this year’s chief travel motivator. Cuba is the top emerging destination, with Bhutan and Myanmar also ranking high on advisors’ lists.
- Create unforgettable memories. Whether it is a multigenerational safari in Africa, as traveling with extended family is this year’s top trend, or celebrating a milestone (also a top-five trend) with a food and wine tour of Italy, travelers will return with memories that outlive the actual experience.
- Cross something off your bucket list and do not wait any longer for that trip of a lifetime. Perhaps it is seeing Machu Picchu or staying in an overwater bungalow in French Polynesia – either way, now is the time to go.
- Push the boundaries of your comfort zone. Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef or take an expedition cruise to Antarctica. This is the year to transcend limits, with adventure travel a key trend in 2016.
- Enjoy closer-to-home experiences. This year’s top U.S. destination, New York, appeals to a diverse range of travelers year-round. And Mexico appears on no less than three Luxe Report top-five lists, proving it is compelling for couples and families alike.
I don’t know about you, but all of these suggestions sound good to me. But, I think I’m down for something new this year. Hmmmm, maybe this is the year we finally get to Iceland. Or, we’ve helped quite of number of folks journey to New Zealand and Australia, but we haven’t been there ourselves. Yet! What’s THAT all about? :O
How ’bout you? Has this article stimulated a little travel dreaming?
As expert travel designers and advisors, we’ve become quite adept at helping our clients create unforgettable experiences. Plus, with our affiliation with the $15 billion Virtuoso Travel Network, we bring you travel clout. And, this clout brings YOU complimentary VIP perks.
So, with all of our experience and clout, why would you attempt to do this yourself on the Internet? Give us a call and let us share with you the value we can bring to your next travel experience.
To inquire, you can reach us at our travel agency during normal business hours at (480) 550-1235, or use our convenient online contact form (click here) and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our monthly newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.