Fall Travel Survey for 2020
Virtuoso’s Fall Travel Survey for 2020 is hot off the press.
For the remainder of 2020, it seems that travelers plan on staying relatively close to home.
Further, survey respondents share that they are looking for international destinations during the holiday season. Further still, 2021 cruise bookings are strong.
If COVID-19 is soon controlled, then 2021 looks to be a solid year for international travel.
- Seventy-nine percent of travelers would take part in a travel pod (defined as two or more households whose members have been following similar quarantine and social-distancing practices that make plans to vacation together)
- Seventy-six percent of travelers want to take a beach vacation
- One hundred percent of 18-25-year-olds are ready to travel, while less than 50 percent of those 41 years and older are not
- Seventy percent are traveling less than 1,500 miles from home
- Forty-three percent are booking hotels two weeks or less before their stay
- Popular hotel attributes include seclusion, private swimming pools, and golf
- Sixty-six percent are willing to fly, but they want the middle seat open. An empty middle seat now determines airline loyalty. Seventy-three percent would even pay extra for an airline ticket if it meant the middle seat next to them would remain open.
Our Hotel Booking Tools
If you are considering a close-to-home experience in 2020 and beyond, take a peek at our online booking tools:
- Virtuoso Luxury Hotels – book online 24/7 with our complimentary VIP perks.
- Classic Vacations – 3-5-star choices. Plus, book air and tours online 24/7.
Regardless of how you might fit into the findings of this fall travel survey, we’re here when you’re ready. Just give us a call or shoot us an email. Thanks! 🙂
For more information, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here), and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40