Delta Airlines: New Premium Seats for Overseas Flights
Over the years, the airline industry has been rolling out “premium-type” seats for quite a while. No too long ago, we were unable to obtain business class seating on a return trip home from Paris so we picked up two premium seats from Air France. While not lie-flat beds, we were very comfortable flying back home.
While late to the party, Delta Airlines has announced that they will soon be offering Delta Premium on their long-haul flights overseas. I’m quite certain that folks are going to enjoy this additional option.
Here’s their press release announcing the new Delta Premium:
“Delta Premium, the latest cabin experience from Delta Air Lines, will debut on select international flights in late 2017. Through additional space, elevated service and distinguished amenities provided by partnerships with brands focused on design and quality, Delta is bringing the ‘premium’ back to the premium economy experience.
In 2014, Delta began introducing differentiated experiences for customers through a well-defined range of options, allowing customers to tailor travel to their specific needs. Delta One, First Class, Delta Premium and Delta Comfort+ offer enhanced experiences, while Main Cabin and Basic Economy service offer value options. All cabin experiences offer a high level of service and Delta’s unmatched operational reliability.
Delta Premium will feature:
- More space with up to 38 inches of pitch, up to 19 inches of width and up to seven inches of recline. Delta Premium seats will also offer adjustable leg rests and head rests;
- Westin Heavenly® In-Flight Blanket with pillow and a TUMI amenity kit featuring Malin+Goetz Travel Essentials, allowing customers to settle in and arrive well-rested;
- Pre-departure beverage service followed by fresh, seasonal menu selections presented with Alessi serviceware designed exclusively for Delta;
- A 13.3-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment screen that is among the largest in its class, allowing customers to stay entertained with Delta Studio’s industry-leading library of complimentary movies, shows and games, and noise-cancelling headphones;
- In-seat power ports for large and small devices and convenient storage to keep them within reach;
- Sky Priority service, which includes faster check-in, accelerated security, priority boarding and expedited baggage service.
“Delta Premium is Delta’s latest example of paying careful attention to what customers tell us they want and responding with unique products designed to meet their individual needs,” said Tim Mapes, Delta’s Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer.
Delta Premium will be available beginning in fall 2017.”
Nice! It’s about time! 🙂