Come Sail With Us: Uniworld, Lyon to Avignon
Come Sail With Us: Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection | Rhône River, Avignon to Lyon – April 21, 2019
Note: click image for large view
A journey of exquisite pleasures
Follow in the footsteps of Van Gogh, Cézanne and Gauguin on this exquisite journey through southern France; the same beautiful countryside and culture that inspired the masters will now inspire you.
Cruise the Rhône and Saône rivers, enjoying the region’s incomparable wine and cuisine and discovering its many treasures—from the medieval wonders of UNESCO-designated Avignon to Lyon’s lively river banks. Stroll the very streets of Arles made famous by Van Gogh. Visit Avignon’s majestic Palace of the Popes. Experience “Village Day” in enchanting Viviers, including a recital of music composed by Bach and Handel. And for those who wish for a more active exploration of the area, you can kayak on the tranquil Gardon River under the UNESCO-designated Pont du Gard; hike the steepest vineyards on the Rhône; and pedal through the city designed with bike riders in mind while in Lyon. Explore unforgettable “Burgundy & Provence” where tradition is as deeply rooted as the historic grapevines on the hills.
Who will enjoy this cruise
Travelers wishing to walk through the lands that inspired Van Gogh, Cézanne and Gauguin. History buffs, gastronomes and wine connoisseurs.
Uniworld at a Glance
Uniworld is a 5-star river cruise line specializing in intimate, boutique river voyages throughout Europe, Asia and Egypt. With 40+ years experience in travel and hospitality, Uniworld remains the world’s only authentic boutique cruise line, offering luxurious cruises that combine unmatched amenities and value with ultra-personalized experiences and service. As of 2018, the company has an award-winning fleet of 17 ships, each with its own personality and style, serving 35 itineraries on 23 rivers in 24 countries.
Every Uniworld ship in Europe is a floating boutique hotel; replete with original artwork, décor and the finest amenities. No two Uniworld ships are the same
Uniworld is All-Inclusive
Uniworld has redefined the concept of all-inclusive luxury, offering only the most exceptional amenities, experiences, and service. An extensive list of included features makes a Uniworld cruise an incredible value:
- All excursions, hosted by local experts
- All gratuities onboard and onshore
- In-suite butler service
- All dining onboard and unlimited beverages (including fine wines, craft beers, brand name spirits, cocktails, soft drinks, mineral water and specialty coffees and teas)
- Onboard entertainment and Signature Lectures
- Scheduled airport transfers
- Onboard exercise and wellness classes
- Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks for onshore exploration
- Ship-wide Wi-Fi and in-room infotainment
- 24-hour room service
- Concierge service
Note: Inclusive amenities may differ by itinerary.
Want To Come With Us?
Carol and I sailed with the Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection in 2014 and we’re very excited to go back and sail on one of their new Super Ships: the S.S. Catherine.
And, sailing in the culinary capital of France as well as one of the most renowned wine regions in the world isn’t a bad thing either.
Our fabulous journey on the Rhône will begin on April 21, 2019. To learn more about the journey, we invite you to CLICK HERE.
Here are the current pricing schemes for the various staterooms:
- All fares are per guest in US Dollars based on double occupancy unless otherwise noted.
- Fares are capacity controlled and are subject to change at any time without notice.
- Availability of all stateroom categories cannot be guaranteed.
- Single Supplement applies for single accommodation.
- Itineraries, hotels, and vessels may change, and substitute visits to other sites may occur during your trip due to water level fluctuations and other uncontrollable factors.
- The order of sightseeing and docking ports are subject to change according to port authority assignments.
- Prices exclude additional port charges of $170 per person
When you make your decision to join us on this fabulous 5-star river cruise, Carol and I also have the following VIP perks to add to your booking:
- $400/stateroom shipboard credit which can be used towards a fabulous optional shore excursion, or a relaxing spa treatment.
- A complimentary VIP Virtuoso Voyages custom shore excursion exclusive to just the Virtuoso passengers on the ship.
Carol and I have sailed on nearly all of the rivers in Europe. They are all great fun. But, for us, the romance, the history, the culinary experiences, and sailing in one of the world’s great wine regions make a river cruise on the Rhône one of our favorites.
Come join us! And do hurry, the ship is already beginning to fill up.
For booking information, call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request form (click here) and we will reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40