Hotel Castello Di Casole, a Luxury Tuscan Castle
When luxury baby boomers travel to Italy’s idyllic rolling hills in Tuscany, one of the first lodging choices that illuminates the imagination of many is to spend a few nights in a castle overlooking the surrounding vineyards and olive groves.
For decades, movies like Under the Tuscan Sun have stirred in the minds of millions of baby boomers the romance, and the allure of this world-famous travel destination. And certainly a historic, hilltop Tuscan castle fits the bill very nicely.
As we were planning our week-long Tuscan road trip, we too decided that we simply must stay in an Italian castle and chose to spend a night in the Hotel Castello Di Casole, a 10th century castle turned 41-suite luxury boutique hotel.
Look below, we’ve got exclusive complimentary VIP amenities for your stay!
The Hotel Castello di Casole is located at the pinnacle of the hotel’s 4,200-acre private estate located in Tuscany, Italy. The hotel is within an hour of Florence, Siena and the Chianti and Montalcino wine regions, and offers guests rustic Tuscan elegance in a spectacular setting featuring over 100 acres of vineyards and olive groves, a model game preserve, a state-of-the-art wellness center and some of the region’s finest cuisine.
The castle’s rich history dates back to the end of the 10th century, when it was built and christened Querceto Manor. Querceto Manor often hosted the political exiles of nearby Siena until it fell into decline starting in the 15th century.
Owned and reconstructed during the 19th and 20th centuries by the Bargagli family of Siena – esteemed local aristocracy – the castle rose to a prominent position in the region, as the surrounding estate was a leading agricultural producer with 31 farms on 2200 acres.
During the late 20th century the Castello was owned by prominent Italian film director Luchino Visconti, who entertained European and Hollywood luminaries throughout the estate.
In 2005, America’s Timbers Resorts bought the property and began a significant and authentic restoration of the property bringing it back to all of its past glory.
Note: if you can’t see the video, click here.
Impressions of our stay at Hotel Castello Di Casole in Tuscany
- We only had time for a one night stay. We would have loved to spend more time at this beautiful hotel in its stunning hilltop Tuscan setting. Don’t make the mistake we did, stay longer!
- Our suite was absolutely stunning! The bed was one of the most comfortable we found in all of Italy, and our room contained all of the luxurious niceties we’ve come to enjoy as luxury travelers.
- The property is recognized as a Model Game Reserve and during hunting season the hotel offers hunting expeditions on the estate to help keep the local hare, pheasant, deer, and wild boar population in a healthy balance. Sounds like a blast to me.
- The drive to the castle’s hilltop setting was spectacular. When we turned the last corner from the tree-lined ascent up the drive, our jaws dropped when we beheld the property, it’s setting, and dreamed of our upcoming experience.
- Sitting in front of the lobby’s massive fireplace and enjoying the toasty, roaring fire with other boomer travelers from around the world was a real treat.
- The hotel has remarkable Tuscan countryside farmhouses around the estate that can accommodate 8-12 people. It would be a total BLAST to come spend a week here with a group of friends!
- A delicious complimentary breakfast accompanied our stay, and the hotel also offers a gourmet restaurant, a pizzeria, a bar to lounge in and enjoy sunset views, and even some authentic gelato. YUM!
- The service of the staff was absolutely world-class.
As I alluded to above, spending only a night at the Hotel Castello Di Casole is likely a criminal offense. We’d love to go back for 7-10 days and make day trips into the countryside of Tuscany with the Hotel Castello Di Casole as our home base. Who wants to go with us?
The Hotel Castello Di Casole has earned our highest praise and we enthusiastically recommend a visit when you’re exploring Italy’s Tuscan countryside.
Exclusive Complimentary VIP Amenities
A year after writing this article, we became travel advisors with the Virtuoso Travel Network and are pleased to offer you the following complimentary amenities when you book your stay with us:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- Early check-in / check-out, subject to availability
- Choice of a painting class or language class for two, once during stay (day restrictions may apply).
To book your stay at the Hotel Castello di Casole, and receive these exclusive complimentary amenities, call us at (480) 550-1235, or use our handy online travel information request by CLICKING HERE
Disclosure: our glorious stay was provided by the kind folks at Hotel Castello Di Casole. Thanks!