Casa Del Mar: Luxury LA Beach Hotel in Santa Monica
In our quest to discover the very best luxury beach hotels in Southern California, the third stop on our 15-day road tour was the Hotel Casa del Mar in Santa Monica, California.
Hotel Casa del Mar, once the grandest of the opulent Santa Monica beach clubs and hotels, re-emerged in October 1999 true to its storied past as one of the most luxurious hotels on the West Coast. Nearly $60 million was spent to restore the historic landmark to its former grandeur and create an elegant and sophisticated European lodging experience on the sands of Santa Monica Bay.
The hotel is adjacent to the historic Santa Monica Pier with its 77-year-old carousel, fish market, amusements, pubs and restaurants; the Third Street Promenade, Main Street and Montana Avenue shopping and dining areas; and the gardens, walkways and expansive panoramas of oceanfront, clifftop Palisades Park.
Look below to find complimentary VIP amenities we’ve arranged for your visit!
There are 129 elegantly appointed guest rooms and suites. Most offer panoramic views of the sand, sea and Pacific coastline from Palos Verdes to Malibu; some offer cityscapes of Santa Monica. The luxurious accommodations were designed to evoke the best of the Riviera with gauzy white, floor-to-ceiling draperies, wood Venetian window blinds, traditional Victorian-stylized bamboo headboard, furniture in shades of fruitwood, hand-painted armoire, golden chaise with seagreen chintz throw, wicker chairs and Matisse-inspired art by a local artist.
The opulent baths have white Italian Calacata marble walls and floors, light fixtures finished in silver leaf, white porcelain fixtures, alabaster soap holders and glassware, plush white robes, glass enclosed showers, traditional pedestal sinks, and whirlpool tubs with a window of frosted panes opening onto the guest room and panoramas beyond.
Our Favorite Memories of the Hotel Casa del Mar
- Location. Location. Location. Let’s see, the Hotel Casa del Mar sits right on the Pacific, and directly in front of the hotel is a fabulous boardwalk that, with a short 10-minute walk, will have you exploring the famous Santa Monica Pier.
- First impressions were very high when we walked into the hotel and admired the beautiful decor with large panoramic windows beaconing the color of the approaching sunset into the space. Plus, the Casa Lobby Lounge was bustling with live local musicians, and patrons enjoying drink specials and special menu items from Chef Sven Mede.
- High first impressions continued when we opened the door to our impeccably appointed guestroom. Our room was painted in a calming subtle blue, with a walnut four-poster bed dressed in crisp white linens as the centerpiece. As our eyes darted around taking in all of the beautiful amenities of our room, we instantly knew that this was our kind of place: contemporary, yet classic; comfortable, thoughtful touches everywhere, and of course, all the modern technology that today’s luxury travelers demand.
- Our dining experience in Catch was a real treat. The restaurant sources the freshest seasonal seafood and locally grown produce with Chef Sven Mede at the helm. Standouts were fresh seafood from the sushi bar, and the California Black Cod was absolutely superb!
- Our evening after-dinner stroll on the boardwalk while admiring the colorful lights of the Santa Monica Pier was a distinctive memory. Further, in the morning, we spent a half-day poking around all of the amusements, street venders, and eateries available on the pier. Plus, the people watching was a real treat!
- I really enjoyed a morning stroll on the beach. It was just me, the seagulls, and the soothing sound of the waves lapping on the beach. Ahhhhhhh…….
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Santa Monica’s Hotel Casa del Mar, and can very confidently recommend that you visit as well. In fact, when we find ourselves back in the Los Angeles area, we’re certain to be back for another visit.
Complimentary VIP Amenities
As travel advisors with the Virtuoso Travel Network, we’re pleased to have some very special VIP amenities exclusively for our readers. When you book your stay at the Hotel Casa del Mar through us, you will receive:
- Best available unrestricted rates.
- A complimentary room upgrade on arrival, subject to availability.
- Continental breakfast each day for up to two in-room guests.
- $100 USD spa services credit to be used during your stay.
- Early check-in/check-out (subject to availability).
When you book your room through us, our complimentary VIP amenities can easily add up to hundreds of dollars in value depending on the length of your stay.
We highly recommend that you visit the Hotel Casa del Mar, and when you do, please enjoy these fine amenities brought to you by the Roaming Boomers Travel Services.
Note: these complimentary amenities are for 2014 and may be subject to change in future years.
To book your room at the Hotel Casa del Mar, and to receive these complimentary amenities, call us at (480) 550-1235, or let us know of your request by using our handy online information form: CLICK HERE