Best Ways to Visit Egypt & the Nile River
We are often asked, “what are the best ways to visit Egypt & the Nile River.”
Hollywood has made a fortune making movies that feature Egypt as a backdrop over the years.
Of course, you’ve got The Ten Commandments. But consider blockbuster franchise movies like Indiana Jones, The Mummy, Lara Croft, and many more.
While many are nothing more than entertainment, these movies have created a certain romance in the minds of baby boomer travelers.
Travelers want to stand in front of the pyramids. They want to sail on the Nile River. And a great many want to ride a camel. 🙂
Therefore, let’s delve into the best ways to explore the region.
Nile River Cruises
Nile River Cruises are one of the most popular ways to visit Egypt. The cruises will start with a land journey in Cairo to explore the pyramids and then journey down to the Nile for a relaxing cruise on the river. Common pre/post-cruise experiences also include trips to Petra and Jerusalem.
Here are our favorite Nile River Cruises in no particular order:
- Uniworld: Splendors of Egypt & The Nile
- AmaWaterways: Secrets of Egypt & The Nile
- Viking: Pharaohs & Pyramids
Luxury Small Group Tours of Egypt & The Nile
We have several companies that we trust to offer our clients 5-star experiences in Egypt. Further, many of these journeys will also offer a 3-4 day cruise on The Nile. Here they are in no particular order:
- Tauck: Jordan & Egypt: Petra to the Pyramids
- Abercrombie & Kent: Egypt & The Nile, Petra to the Pyramids & Nile Yacht Cruise
- Luxury Gold: Elegance of Egypt, Elegance of the Nile
Private luxury tours are for those who prefer to stay away from a group experience to enjoy a private guided journey. These are always hand-crafted by our team and in-country partners. As such, we can completely tailor the journey to meet your desires and style of travel.
To give you an idea of what a private custom tour might look like, take a peek at these sample customizable itineraries:
Premium Group Tours of Egypt & The Nile
Premium group tours are 3.5 – 4-star tours. These tours navigate the countryside by coach with groups ranging from 30-50 people. Here is a list of our preferred premium guided group tours:
- Insight Vacations: Wonders of Egypt and Splendors of Egypt
- Trafalgar: Best of Egypt, Egyptian Voyager, and Wonders of Egypt
Travel planning can be a daunting task. Once you figure out where to go, then you must figure out how to go.
The first thing for you to know is that booking travel is no more expensive booking with Roaming Boomers Travel Services vs. booking directly with a tour provider or do-it-yourself.
Further, booking with us will bring you these additional benefits:
- Carol and I book over $6 million in travel each year. We know the various travel brands very well and can help you decide which will be the best for you.
- If you decide to book a tailor-made journey, we have expert in-country partners to help us craft the perfect journey to reflect your desires and travel style.
- Because of our affiliation with Virtuoso, we not only have access to the best-of-the-best in the world of travel, but we often have that along with complimentary VIP perks.
If you are considering a journey to Egypt & The Nile, please feel free to give us a call to explore the options. The call is free and there is never any pressure.
For more information or to book a fun journey to Egypt, please call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235 or use our convenient online information request (click here) and we’ll reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40