Baby Boomer Travelers: Where They Go and Why
In a recent interview on CNBC’s Squawk Box, Virtuoso Chairman and CEO Matthew Upchurch told viewers that baby boomers put travel as a top priority and they’re turning traditional ideas of retirement on its head.
In the video, Upchurch states:
- Boomers have the money and time, and they’re reinventing the way they retire
- Boomers spend $150 billion/year on travel
- Boomers take an average of 3.7 trips/year.
- Boomers account for 80% of all travel spending
- Boomers don’t see travel as a luxury, they see it as part of their life, and see it as a right.
- Top Boomer Travel Wishes: world cruise, upscale Africa Safari, Australia.
How about you? Where do you want to go? Do you see travel as a big part of your life? Do you value travel so much that you see it nearly as a right? Tell us about thoughts in the comments section below!
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our monthly newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.