Our Baby Boomer Luxury Travel With Delta Vacations Luxury Lifestyle Collection
You’ve been building your nest egg for decades, and you’ve decided now that the Dow Jones has been working its way back towards the 14,000 level, you finally feel comfortable to take some of your hard earned dollars and whisk your bride away for a little luxury and romance in a tropical setting.
Let me introduce you to the Delta Vacations Luxury Lifestyle Collection.
In my best Foghorn Leghorn impersonation, we are, I say, we are very excited to announce that Delta Vacations has selected The Roaming Boomers® to experience and then share with our readers, subscribers, and friends just what a Delta Vacations Luxury Lifestyle Experience is all about.
Delta Vacations is sending us to the Caribbean’s newest AAA Five-Diamond Resort: Tortuga Bay at PUNTACANA Resort & Club.
The Dominican Republic has been seeing steady growth from luxury travelers, and Delta Vacations has been a big part of that growth. Here’s this from Dominican Today:
“Delta Vacations announced that the brand has experienced tremendous growth in the Dominican Republic over the past 24 months as a result of increased access to air seats and significant enhancements to product offerings in the destination. Delta Vacations passenger counts to the Dominican Republic are 12 times greater than the same time period in 2009, while the number of hotel room-nights sold has increased 15 times during the same time period.” (April 30th, 2011)
To top this all off, here are some of the luxury perks we are to enjoy:
- First-class airport check-in
- Assistance of a hotel concierge for hotel services
- Hotel taxes and service charges
- Roundtrip first-class or business class seating aboard Delta Air Lines*
- 24-hour assistance from a Delta Vacations representative
- 3,000 – 7,500 bonus miles through the SkyMiles® program, in addition to credited flight miles*
- Plus, Tortuga Bay will be offering:
- VIP whisking service through immigration, luggage retrieval and customs
- Use of VIP lounge at the Punta Cana International Airport
- Round-trip private transportation between the Punta Cana International Airport and our Tortuga Bay villa.
I gotta tell ya, Mrs. Roaming Boomers is pretty excited about all this pampering. Don’t let, I say, don’t let the cat out of the bag, but I am very excited as well!
Here’s how you can keep tabs as we experience four nights of splendor in the Dominican Republic:
- Follow us on Twitter & Facebook.
- Follow Delta Vacations on Twitter & Facebook.
- Follow Tortuga Bay on Twitter & Facebook.
As long as we have an Internet connection, we’ll be active on Twitter and Facebook and plan to post daily travel journals as well.
When we get home, we’ll produce a video that will highlight our whole Delta Vacations Luxury Lifestyle Collection experience.