Arizona Restaurant Week 2012: BLT Steak
The fall version of Arizona Restaurant Week is coming up on September 15-23, and The Roaming Boomers® were asked if we might be willing to do a few “first bite” reviews of a few of the menus.
Being self-professed foodies, we said, “sure, heck yah, and you betcha”.
Here’s our first review of BLT Steak at the JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa.
BLT Steak: Arizona Restaurant Week Special
- $40 for three-course dinner plus side dish
First Course (choice of):
- Caesar Salad / Parmesan Reggiano, White Anchovy Dressing
- Steak Tartare / Quail Egg, Cornichones
- Fried Green Tomatoes / English Cucumber, San Daniel Prosciutto, Micro Basil, Quark Ranch
- Spice Rub Prime Top Cap / Maitake Mushrooms, Smoked Fois Gras Butter
- Grilled Branzino / Grenobloise, Brown Butter Croutons
- Roasted Half Jidori Chicken / Crows Dairy Black Pepper Feta, Mushroom Pan Jus
- Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- Creamy Spinach
- Broccoli Mac & Cheese
- Crepe Souffle / Passion Fruit Sauce
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse / Banana Ice Cream
- Marinated Cantaloupe / Cantaloupe Sorbet, Pistachio Meringue, Cassis Marmalade
Highlight of the meal:
Holy Jump Up-And-Down Batman! I’d forgotten how great a restaurant BLT Steakhouse is.
We started our meal with BLT’s famous popovers and liver paté toast. Which, by the way, they tell me is going to be included in the Arizona Restaurant Week Special. YUM!
For our first coarse we shared the steak tartare and fried green tomatoes. Both were excellent, but I gotta say, the steak tartare was out of this world. I drizzled the quail egg over the steak, gave a gentle stir, and my taste buds went to the moon Alice, to the moon!
For our second course, we shared the prime top cap and the jidori chicken. Of course the steak was delicious as expected, but who wudda thunk that a piece of chicken could be so good. I’m telling you, get the chicken, it was that good. However, my steak-lovin’ wife is not in agreement with me here.
We shared the broccoli mac & cheese and stuffed mushroom caps for our sides. Both of us had our spoons diving for the mac & cheese. YUM!
And we ended our meal sharing the crepe souffle and mousse. Both were outstanding, but I’m a chocolate and espresso kinda guy, so I ordered an espresso and greatly enjoyed the contrast of bitter and sweet.
Best Part of the Value:
Heck, at this price, the meal was nearly 50% off. We recommend that you enjoy a nice Paso Robles Justin Cabernet to go along with your great meal.
As you might expect, as the restaurant sets inside the AAA Five-Diamond Camelback Inn and Resort, everything was absolutely stunning to the eye, and our waitstaff was friendly, attentive, and worked diligently to assure that we had a wonderful dining experience. Bravo!
JW Marriott Scottsdale Camelback Inn Resort & Spa
5402 E Lincoln Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85253