AmaWaterways: 2019 European Wine River Cruise Brochure
AMAWATERWAYS RELEASES 2019 WINE CRUISE BROCHURE
River Cruise Line Continues to Lead the Way with its Robust Lineup of 64 Exclusive Wine-Themed Sailings Featuring Two New Itineraries
Unless you’ve been living on a deserted island for the past five years, then you no doubt know that European river cruising has been a very hot trend with baby boomer travelers.
In fact, today there are literally hundreds of river cruise ships, in many different flavors, moving thousands of passengers up and down Europe’s main rivers every single week. It’s been great fun to be a part of this boom in river cruising.
Carol and I sailed the Rhine with AmaWaterways last spring. If you’re not familiar with AmaWaterways, then click on our articles below:
- Our Review: Sailing with AmaWaterways
- How to Choose the Perfect Stateroom on an AmaWaterways River Cruise
- The Best Way to Book an Ocean or River Cruise
As I mentioned in the last article, we always have complimentary perks for you above and beyond the offers that you will find available to the general public when you book AmaWaterways with Roaming Boomers Travel Services. Call us, email us, or chat with us to learn the details.
Now, let’s take a peek at this press release from AmaWaterways on their fun Wine River Cruises:
Calabasas, CA – (Mar. 14, 2018) – AmaWaterways released today its 2019 Wine Cruises Through Europe brochure with 64 exclusive sailings hosted by North American winemakers, winery owners and wine experts. The new brochure features an exciting array of river cruises, including the debut of two new itineraries, the newest state-of-the-art ship and an expanded list of shore excursions offering guests the best possible way to explore iconic wine regions along Europe’s stunning waterways.
In 2019, AmaWaterways introduces two new Europe Wine Cruise itineraries — Gems of Southeast Europe and Medieval Treasures. Wine enthusiasts enjoy onboard lectures and wine tastings led by award-winning North American wine hosts, and shore excursions with engaging and curated epicurean experiences in such legendary cities as Basel, Nuremberg, Budapest and Giurgiu.
In addition to the educational onboard lectures and wine tastings, AmaWaterways offers a diverse selection of shore excursions that immerse guests in the local terroir and culinary culture of the regions visited. Guided small group visits to private cellars, strolls through stunning vineyards and authentic encounters with world-class vintners and artisans enable guests to make real connections with the rich culture and history of France’s Bordeaux, Burgundy and Alsace regions; Germany’s Moselle and Rhine valleys; Austria’s Wachau; and Portugal’s Douro River area.
“Whether you are a wine connoisseur or simply indulge in a sip here and there, our Wine Cruises offer an exceptional experience to any traveler looking for an educational and enriching adventure from start to finish,” says Rudi Schreiner, president and co-owner of AmaWaterways. “In 2019, we will have more Wine Cruise sailings than we’ve ever had, and we look forward to welcoming our guests onboard during this exciting year for AmaWaterways.”
The 2019 lineup of Wine Hosts showcases multi-generational winemakers, husband and wife co-owners and hosts from coast-to-coast who are making their mark in the wine business. AmaWaterways 2019 Wine Hosts include:
- Mick Schroeter, winemaker for Sonoma-Cutrer in Sonoma, California – Mick’s long track record of success, along with being named “Winemaker of the Year” at the London International Wine & Spirit Competition two times, have given him the knowledge and experience to take the reins as Winemaking Director at Sonoma-Cutrer.
- Roman Roth, winemaker and partner at Wolffer Estate Vineyard in Sagaphack, New York – He established the estate’s distinctive character—European elegance combined with the typicity of Long Island terroir. Recent honors include having two of its wines make recent “Top 100” lists from Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast, and having its wines served in the White House over the past two decades.
- Janie Brooks Heuck, managing director of Brooks Winery in Amity, Oregon – Since taking the reins in 2004, Janie has increased annual production from 3,500 cases to 8,000 cases while maintaining the same vineyard sources and distinct winemaking style.
- Bradley Brown, winemaker and owner of Big Basin Vineyards in Boulder Creek, California – As a farmer, winemaker and owner, Bradley oversees all aspects of production of his award-winning wines, crafting critically acclaimed bottlings that have captured the attention of major wine critics around the globe.
- Paul and Merrill Bonarrigo, owners and winemakers of Messina Hof Winery in Bryan, Texas – The Bonarrigos planted their first vineyard in 1977 and have grown production from 1,300 gallons to over 130,000 gallons per year. They remain leaders in the Texas wine industry, which now has over 350 registered wineries.
- Tony Stewart, CEO and proprietor of Quails’ Gate Winery in Okanagan Valley, British Columbia – As one of Canada’s foremost family-owned estate wineries, Quails’ Gate has shaped the development of the wine industry for over six decades, focusing on making the Okanagan Valley a true culinary destination.
For discerning ocean cruisers searching for a unique river cruise experience, AmaWaterways debuts four Wine Cruises on the ultra-spacious, elegantly-appointed new AmaMagna. At twice the width of traditional European river cruise ships, AmaMagnafeatures expansive staterooms, multiple dining venues and a wine bar, giving guests the luxury of more space and options while exploring the 3,700 acres of terraced vineyards in Austria’s legendary Wachau Valley.
To learn more, or to book a fun river cruise with AmaWaterways, call Roaming Boomers Travel Services at (480) 550-1235, chat with us, or use our convenient online information request (click here) and we will reach out to you.
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our travel newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.
Roaming Boomers Travel Services is an Independent Affiliate of Cadence, a Virtuoso® member. CST#201120-40