5 Travel Tips for January 2015
In keeping with that train of thought, I thought I’d pass along a few tips for you to consider as you contemplate your travel plans for 2015.
5 Travel Tips for the New Year
- Check the expiration date on your passport. Many countries require that your passport is valid for a least six months from the date of your entry. How terrible would it be to get to your dream destination and be denied entry because your passport is about to expire. :O
- Start planning 2015 travel now. Please, listen to me. One of the greatest frustrations we find in our travel clients is disappointment when they learn that they can’t stay in their dream resort, or get that perfect stateroom on an ocean or river cruise because they waited too long to start the planning process. Not only do holidays and summer travel require early planning, but certain destinations have limited capacity and require early planning as well. For example, let’s say you’ve always dreamed of an island getaway to the Greek island of Santorini. Santorini is nothing like Las Vegas with its seemingly endless supply of rooms. Santorini is a very small island, and has a very limited supply of luxury accommodations. If you want to go to Santorini, or many other desirable places in the world, you simply must plan early. And, many times, early planning means at least a year in advance. Further, some cruise itineraries are so popular that you must plan two years in advance.
- Consider multigenerational travel in 2015. Baby boomers are having big anniversaries, birthdays, and special occasions. Because there are 80 million boomers all experiencing this at the same time, travel brands have responded with special programs designed to help make your special occasion special indeed. Pictured to the right is a family of 17 that we helped travel to the Caribbean this summer for the grandparent’s 50th wedding anniversary. Not only do they have wonderful memories, but the resort had a photographer on hand to capture this and many more photographs of the group. I’m quite certain that this photograph is featured prominently in each of the family member’s homes.
- Think outside the box. While group land journeys, resorts, and cruises are popular ways to travel, we would encourage you to think outside of the norm as you consider your travel plans for 2015. If you’re a photographer, is there a destination that you’ve being dreaming about photographing? What about seeing some of the world’s most amazing animals? For example, we had two of our clients go on a polar bear safari last year. What about a themed trip designed around wine, cooking, or perhaps hiking, biking, exotic cars, motorcycles, or sailing? Do you have a favorite artist or author that you’d enjoy spending some time in their hometowns? How about a luxury adventure to the Galapagos Islands, an African Safari, or perhaps a trip to see the penguins in Antarctica? Or, perhaps island hoping in Greece, the South Pacific, or the Caribbean? Or, perhaps it’s time to get that Alaskan cruise off of your bucket list. Or, how about a sporting event? The Kentucky Derby, Superbowl, Golf & Tennis Tournaments? When it comes to travel, there’s no limit to the adventures you can have. Dream big!
- Give serious consideration to a river cruise. We’re just home from our second river cruise and absolutely loved it! It’s like having a floating luxury hotel in the heart of the world’s best destinations. And best of all, you only unpack once!
With the increasing economy in the United States, and the European economy finally showing signs of life, the travel industry is gearing up for record travel in 2015. So, regardless of where your heart might have you dreaming of traveling in 2015, plan early!
And, it goes without saying, we’d love to have you as one of our travel clients.
If you would our expert help, give us a call at (480) 550-1235.
We can save you a lot of time, have professional resources at our fingertips that are not available on the Internet, and have the $12 billion/year Virtuoso Travel Network at our disposal to bring you complimentary VIP amenities like room upgrades, travel credits, and much more.
Call us today, and let’s start planning some fun!
If you enjoyed this article, sign up for our monthly newsletter to keep abreast of our best travel tips, on-location reviews, exclusive travel offers, group travel events, and much more.