2011 AAA Five Diamond Lodging Resort Winners
This year, only 124 lodgings made the grade for AAA’s highest and most exclusive rating out of tens of thousands across the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
Five Arizona properties remain on this year’s list:
- Camelback Inn, A JW Marriott Resort & Spa (1976)
- Fairmont Scottsdale Princess (1991)
- Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North (2001)
- The Canyon Suites at The Phoenician (2007)
- The Phoenician (2004)
The Roaming Boomers® have personally stayed at each of the Arizona Five Diamond resorts and you can find our reviews here: The Arizona AAA Five-Diamond Resort Tour.
For 2011, 15 new lodgings were added to the Five Diamond list:
- The Ritz-Carlton, Denver, Colo.
- Winvian, Morris, Conn.
- The St. Regis Atlanta Hotel & Residences, Atlanta, Ga.
- Elysian, Chicago, Ill. Trump International Hotel & Tower, Chicago, Ill.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common, Boston, Mass.
- Aria Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower, New York, N.Y.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, N.C.
- Four Seasons Hotel Houston, Houston, Texas
- Tortuga Bay Punta Cana Resort & Club, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Jade Mountain Resort, Soufriere, St. Lucia
- Le Blanc Spa Resort, Cancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
- Grand Velas All Suites & Spa Resort Riviera Maya, Playa Del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
St. Lucia gained its first Five Diamond establishment: Jade Mountain Resort in Soufriere. The Roaming Boomers® were very honored to be invited by Jade Mountain to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in their remarkable resort last August.
You can find our review here: Jade Mountain Resort, St. Lucia.
Here are a few other noteworthy events for 2011:
- The Dominican Republic gained its first Five Diamond establishment: Tortuga Bay Punta Cana Resort & Club in Punta Cana.
- Illinois, Nevada and Quintana Roo, Mexico, each gained two Five Diamond Lodgings.
- Connecticut is the only state to add a Five Diamond Lodging and a Five Diamond Restaurant: the Winvian resort and its on-site Winvian restaurant in Morris Conn..
- The Broadmoor in Colorado Springs, Colo., The Greenbrier in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va., and Camelback Inn, A JW Marriott Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Ariz., have maintained the Five Diamond Rating for 35 consecutive years since 1976 when AAA first introduced the Diamond Ratings for accommodations.
- The Inn at Little Washington Dining Room in Washington, Va., which has maintained the Five Diamond Rating for 23 consecutive years, since 1988, has the longest Five Diamond Restaurant tenure.
Congratulations to all the 2011 AAA Five Diamond winners!
The Roaming Boomers® hope to visit you all one day in the future.