Who We Are
In 1991, we wrote into our life-plan that we would like to be “retire-able” when I (David) reached the age of 50.
In 2006, exactly on my 50th birthday, remarkably our dream came true as we sold our business and moved from Michigan to Scottsdale, Arizona. However, little did we know that 2008 would bring a stock market collapse that would wipe away 45% of our life’s savings.
Devastated, we decided to re-invent ourselves and embrace our passion for travel. It was out of the ashes of the great 2008 market depression that The Roaming Boomers® was born.
What We Do
- Online Travel Guide – we’ve been traveling the world and leaving behind a trail of cookies in our website. Here you will find over 1,000 articles as we’ve explored wonderful destinations around the world, luxurious accommodations, fabulous cuisine with the world’s best chefs, as well as helping you know what to see and do. Every destination features a written journal of our experience, our own photography, and over 200 on-site videos that we’ve created to help you more easily explore the world on your own.
- Group Tours – our readers have loudly voiced a desire to come along with us as we explore the world. In response, we now offer small group outings in Arizona, around the country, and even around the world.
- Travel Planning – the loudest cry from our readers is their disdain for travel planning. The Internet has become a seemingly infinite pool of knowledge about travel. However, filtering through all that information, the time it takes to do so, and knowing who to trust has become a huge frustration for many travelers. In response, we have affiliated with a local, highly respected travel agency and through our connections with the world-renowned Virtuoso Travel Network, we now have booking access to the world best hotels, resorts, ocean cruises, river cruises, group travel, and so much more.
How You Will Benefit
We’ve become the Internet’s preeminent online resource for luxury boomer travelers. Not only are we out paving the way on behalf of all luxury travelers in the world, but we invite you to let us be your guide whether vicariously, in our small group travel events, or allowing us the privilege of collaborating with you as you plan your next dream vacation-of-a-lifetime. We welcome luxury travelers of all ages!
How To Join The Fun!
- Subscribe to our free monthly email newsletter. This is the very best way to keep track of our travels, get the latest travel news and tips, notification of upcoming small group travel events, as well as exclusive luxury travel offers through our affiliation with the Virtuoso Travel Network. To subscribe CLICK HERE.
- Arizona Fans: get on our mailing list for fun, exclusive dining and travel events around Arizona. To get on the list CLICK HERE.
- Travel Planning: we have the world of luxury travel at our fingertips. We can bring you the world’s best of the best hotels and resorts, luxurious ocean cruises, European and exotic river cruises, small group tours all over the world, private jet tours, and our individualized expert travel planning. PLUS, we will bring you exclusive travel perks, deals, and amenities that you simply won’t find on the Internet. For more information about our expert travel planning services CLICK HERE.
- Facebook – we are quickly approaching 20,000 fans in our Facebook page. We very active on Facebook, and invite you to come and join in the fun. To “like” us on Facebook, CLICK HERE.
Thank you for taking the time to learn about The Roaming Boomers®. We hope you’ll join us, and as we say, “Life’s a trip. Let’s go have fun!”