Come Join Us: 8-Day Alaska Inside Passage Cruise
An Alaskan cruise offers unprecedented views of pristine forestlands hugging the smooth waters of the narrow channel as you slowly drift by snow-capped mountain peaks, abundant marine wildlife, stunning blue-ice glaciers, and humpback whales frolicking in the icy waters during their annual summertime feeding.
We’ve had the opportunity to sail Alaska’s Inside Passage. We loved it so much, we’re doing it again. And this time, we’re inviting you to come along with us!
Come join us as we sail Alaska’s Inside Passage!
For this experience, we’ve chosen an early sailing with Silversea Cruises for the following reasons:
- Small Ship – our last Alaskan cruise found us aboard a ship with nearly 2,500 passengers. Although everything was quite nice, there were simply too many people to contend with. The Silversea Silver Shadow caters to a maximum of 382 passengers.
- Avoiding Busy Times – the town of Skagway, Alaska has a population of under 1,000 people. And while the size of the population nearly doubles in the busy summer season, over 4,000,000 people will descend upon that tiny town by cruise ship each year. Further, most of them are going to visit during the months of June, July, and August. We’ve experienced the crowds during July and didn’t like it one bit. Getting a table at a restaurant was nearly impossible, and the delightful tours of the area were packed to the gills. YUK!
- Alaskan Weather – one of the reasons for the big crush of crowds during June, July, and August is the incorrect assumption that the weather might be bad in May. While Alaska’s weather can be unpredictable, when we were considering this cruise a few months back, we called our tourism contact on May 15th of this year and he told us that the weather was sunny and 65 degrees. In fact, he told us the very best time to cruise Alaska’s Inside Passage was during the month of May. Nice weather, and no crowds!
- Casual & Informal Attire – No ties, or tux required. Shipboard attire ranges from casual to informal. That suites me just fine! However, if you want to get all gussied up, go for it.
OK. Let’s get into the details.
We Bring you Exclusive Benefits
First of all, through our affiliation with the world-renowned luxury Virtuoso Travel Network, we can offer you the following exclusive benefits when you book your Alaska cruise with us:
- A Virtuoso-only welcome reception hosted by Dave & Carol Porter, The Roaming Boomers®. Yep. That’s us. 🙂
- Virtuoso-only onboard hosts to help you find answers to all those questions you’re going to have. Hey, that’s us too!
Plus, you may select one of the benefits listed below:
- Highlights of Skagway w/ Lunch at the Jewell Garden. This four-hour excursion includes a Virtuoso-only small group tour of Skagway, and a delightful lunch. Plus, we’ll be joining you.
- $150 Shipboard Credit. This option is only available if selected and pre-registered by us at least 46-days prior to the cruise sailing date. Onboard credit applied to your shipboard account.
- $175 Custom Credit Towards the Purchase of a Virtuoso Exclusive Product. This option is only available if selected and pre-registered by us at least 46-days prior to the cruise sailing date. May be applied by us toward the purchase of private shore excursion created by a Virtuoso On Site or another Virtuoso preferred product in conjunction with this cruise.
L’Ecole des Chefs Voyage – This cooking school at sea is designed exclusively for Silversea by Relais & Châteaux and hosted by Silversea’s Culinary Trainer, Chef David Bilsland.
Silversea Cruises Distinctions
- Intimate, elegant ships – extraordinary space per guest ratio
- Superlative service – nearly one crew member for every guest
- All ocean-view suites, over 85% with private verandas
- Butler service for all guests
- Open-seating in The Restaurant – no assigned time, no assigned table
- Alternative dining options – multiple venues
- Gourmet cuisine inspired by Relais & Châteaux
- Sophisticated entertainment from live music to production shows
- Enrichment lecturers, acclaimed chefs and destination consultants
- Fares include onboard gratuities
- Complimentary beverages served throughout the ship – including fine wines, champagnes, spirits, beer, bottled water, specialty coffees and soft drinks
- In-room bar and refrigerator stocked with your preferred beverage selections
- Complimentary 24-hour room service and in-suite dining served course-by-course from The Restaurant
- Complimentary transportation into town in most ports of call
What’s Not Included
- Items or services of a personal nature
- Day 1 – Seward, AK. Arrive 12:00AM, depart 6:00PM
- Day2 – Hubbard Glacier, AK. Arrive 1:00PM, depart 6:00PM
- Day3 – Sitka, AK. Arrive 9:30AM, depart 5:00PM
- Day4 – Juneau, AK. Arrive 8:00AM, depart 11:00PM
- Day5 – Skagway, AK. Arrive 7:00AM, depart 3:00PM (special Virtuoso-only event)
- Day6 – Ketchikan, AK. Arrive 12:00PM, depart 5:30PM
- Day7 – Inside Passage Cruising, All Day
- Day8 – Vancouver, Canada. Arrive 8:00AM, depart 12:00AM
Optional Stays, Excursions, Tours
After we make your booking on this cruise, we’ll work with you to create fabulous pre-cruise stays/tours, on-cruise shore excursions, and post-cruise stays/tours. We’re also working on a few small group options just for our group. Stay tuned…
Fares begin at $3,450pp based on double occupancy. Please note that prices are subject to change. It is not uncommon for prices to rise as the departure date approaches, or as the ship begins to fill up. Book early to assure the best fares.
Also, we may be able to save you money on your airfare depending on what part of the country you live in. Call us for details on airfare.
We recommend trip insurance to protect your investment. Coverage is optional, but offers trip cancellation, and medical coverage. We’ll discuss the available options with you once we’ve made your booking.
Well, Carol and I are practically giddy with excitement about this Alaska Inside Passage cruise. We’re very confident that we’ve selected the right combination of luxury, value, destinations, and fun.
Like we say, “Life’s a trip. Let’s go have fun!”
For more information, call us at (480) 550-1235, or to complete our convenient online information form CLICK HERE