We’re frequently asked if this blog accepts guest posts. The short answer is “yes”. Please continue reading for the guidelines to successfully guest posting on The Roaming Boomers®.
Your post must be about or directly related to travel. This site thrives on the personal experiences people have with locations, destinations, hotels, etc. Your post cannot be an advertisement of your service/product or serve as a “sponsored post”. If you’re interested in such a thing, we have a special section for advertisers.
Example content topics include:
- Planning and packing advice for specific destinations.
- A review and story of a tour, resort, or location you’ve personally experienced.
- Favorite local spots in the city you live in (you live there, but it would be a traveling adventure for someone else).
The readers of The Roaming Boomers are between the ages of 45-65 and are 80% female. They are from a middle-high to high income class family and enjoy traveling luxuriously… but they also enjoy saving money, who doesn’t?
- Your post must be original work and not previously published on the web or in print.
- You agree not to publish your post anywhere else, including your own blog or website.
- You may submit 2 links for your byline — one for your website and one for your about page or Twitter handle.
- Your post should be at least 500 words long and no longer than 1500.
Editing / Formatting
- Please send all posts in HTML format so they can be copied directly into WordPress
- Have links, headings, bulleted list, etc pre-formatted
- You may send up to 3 photos to be included with your post (subject to approval)
- Posts / Titles will be edited by me for spelling and grammar — major changes will be emailed back to you for approval.
- Posts will also have their format edited (if necessary) to fit the style of this blog.
- Please email me your submissions, pasting the WordPress-ready HTML format into the body of the email.
- The subject line of your email should read “Guest Submission: <post title>” where “<post title>” is replaced with your proposed post title.
- Please include the size of your readership: blog traffic, email subscribers, Twitter followers, Facebook fans.
- Just because you’re submitting a post does not mean it will be published. All posts will be reviewed and responded to within one week.
Come on, share your best travel stories with our tens of thousands of luxury baby boomer travelers!