Dear Hotel Industry, We Want Self-Service Hotel Check-in
We just returned from a visit to one of our favorite hotels in Las Vegas. Knowing from past experience that one side of the hotel boarders a noisy, active railroad track we requested that our room be located on the complete opposite end of the hotel to avoid train whistles blowing all night.
Wouldn’t you know it, our request went unanswered, and I was awakened several times during the night by freight trains coming through town with loud blowing whistles! ACK!
With today’s Internet technology, why can’t I pick my own hotel room?
Dear Hotel Industry, let me ask you this: With Internet technology, I can pick my own seat on an airplane, why can’t I pick my own room in a hotel?
Here’s what we’d love to see happen when we book a hotel room:
- Just like the airlines do with seating, your rooms are on a grid where we can see their locations in the hotel/resort.
- Take a panoramic photo out of each hotel room window and let us see the view from the room.
- You already do a nice job explaining the different classes of rooms in your properties. Thank you!
- When I find a room with the location/view that is pleasing to us, allow us to simply click on that room to book THAT particular room.
- Send a digital room key to my cell phone and let me bypass the check-in process completely. No waiting for me, and it saves you money!
Please leave a comment below and share your thoughts on this matter.